So this is how this blog works. I've written several posts that had to do with my mom. I don't want to write those posts all over again, so I just linked them. Click on any red words in this blog post and it will send you to the post regarding that subject.
My mom's name is Kathryn. If you want to get to know her a little more, you can go to her blog. This is her. Isn't she cute. This is an old picture of her but it's one of my favorite because she's smiling ...and showing teeth. Those of you that know her know that's a rarity in older pictures.
You could probably also Facebook request her. She'd probably accept your friend request because she has like 500 Facebook friends. I have 148. Wait, I just checked and I only have 147. I lost a Facebook friend. Oh well.
Anyway, you know Mother's Day is on Sunday. Since we both enjoy blogging I thought I would give you a glimpse of my mom and tell you a couple of the reasons why I love her. Yes, sis, I said, "I love mom." :)
1. She does things like: adopt me. :) You can read about that story here.
2. She supports and encourages our families decision to homeschool. She did a writing class with the kids. She's a published writer ya know. She takes us on cool field trips like to the Lady Bug release at the Botanical Gardens.
3. She takes me to the Asian market and explains things to me like when I say, "Eww gross, what is that?" She also treats us to yummy lunches.
4. She often hosts my children's birthday parties at her house. Most of the time, I get my decorations for the party from her. She stays up late helping me make tea party treats or writing the clues for a scavenger hunt. There's no way I could have pulled off my daughter's Korean birthday party or birthday Tea Party or my son's Indiana Jones birthday party without her!5. The last several years for my birthday, she has made me meatloaf. If you've read this blog any amount of time, you know that I don't do the whole "touching raw meat thing". So my mom makes me meatloafs to freeze to eat later on my birthday.
6. She also hosts many, many other things at her house, Easter dinners, Thanksgiving dinners, birthday dinners, Christmas dinners, and homemade kimbob making dinners.
7. She picks me up and takes me places when my car has broken down.
8. She has boxes at her house. One for each grandchild and one for each married couple and my sis, Jess. She often leaves me coupons in there. How awesome is that?
9. She is a great babysitter. She tries to do fun things with the kids. Always making memories with them. Always documenting the memories with her camera. It's rare to catch her without her camera in her purse or around her neck. She often turns those pictures in to Shutterfly books for Christmas or birthdays. One of my favorite gifts she has ever given me was a Shutterfly book. The year she did a writing class with my kids, she took all the poems, stories, and art they wrote/drew and put it in a book. It's a "treasured" keepsake.10. She does amazing things like write, learn to fly airplanes, travel to exotic places, ride in hot air balloons, and run with the Olympic torch. How cool is she?
11. She always tries to make it to her grandkids things whether it's diving lessons, basketball games, tae kwon do lessons, gymnastic recitals, adoption day, soccer games, football games, or watching a granddaughter cheer.12. She has a heart full of love that she shows other people. People who are lovely, and people who aren't. It's not uncommon to find an international student/students living her and Papa during the Spring break, Thanksgiving break, Christmas break, or summer. They have an amazing ministry with the international students. Take one look at her facebook friends list and it's proof positive.
There.
That's just a glimpse.
She didn't give me life, but she gave me a life. A wonderful one.
I love you Mom!
Happy Mother's Day!
Life is Wild - Intro
9 months ago
2 comments:
Treasure, I'm overjoyed to have such a wonderful daughter as you. You bring me joy! Thanks so much for writinh such sweet things and not mentioning my weaknesses. I love you lots, mom
Wonderfully written post about your mother. She is a wonderful woman, and I'm so glad to be a part of her life and a part of this family.
Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment