Last night I was laying in my son's bed talking with him before bedtime. Here's our conversation:
"Mom, when I grow up and leave..."
"Wait, when you grow up and leave. You can't leave. You are going to live with me forever!"
"Mom (said in a voice that is like he telling me something he thinks I may not know already), it's a part of life."
What in the world?
"Mom, it's a part of life. You didn't live with Grandma all the time. You don't live with her now. When I am 18 years old...."
"Wait, I didn't leave Grandma's house until I was like 21 or 22."
*sigh* "Okay, when I'm 22 I'm going to leave. I am going to go where there are really tall trees and live for 10 days. Then I am going to go visit Grandma for a while and then I will come back and start a family."
"Will you visit me too or just Grandma?"
"I will visit you too."
"Okay, wife first, then kids."
"Okay."
Guess he has it all figured out. I am not sure what the whole "live in the tall tree for ten days" thing is though.
Life is Wild - Intro
9 months ago
1 comments:
I love that boy!
Post a Comment