THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 2, 2011

just start praying now

The officer got some bad news today at the doctor's. He has torn the ligament in his right hand. He will have to have surgery to repair it. He will have his surgery this week. After the surgery, the officer will have to wear a splint for two week. He is not supposed to do anything that whole time. This will be very hard for him. I will have to take care of him. This will be very hard for me. After the two weeks with the splint, he will have to wear a cast for four weeks.

These next paragraphs are not criticism. They are areas of work for me and the officer.

Just start praying now because in all honesty, I am a horrible nurse to him. I do pretty good with the children. I can stay up with them all night long. I can clean up their throw up. I can get up to give them medicine throughout the night. I can do it all without getting too exhausted. However, in total transparency, I am horrible with the officer. I don't have nearly the amount of patience that I do with the kids. I don't know why that is. So like I said before, just start praying for me now. My friend, Becky, said, "I just say this over and over to myself, "I'm serving Jesus, I am serving Jesus." This will become my new mantra.

This will be a test of both our patience. The officer does not like to be inside or be idle. He will not do well not being able to do anything. He won't be able to stand to see his lawn that needs to be mowed. He won't be able to look without grimacing at a dirty garage. He won't be able to think about all the guys at work and him not being there helping out without getting a little down about it.

This is not a good mix people.

However, I know that God can grant me all the patience I need and that God can heal the officer quickly.

Romans 15:5
Now may the God who give the power of patient endurance and Who supplies encouragement, grant you to live in such mutual harmony and such full sympathy with one another, in accord with Christ Jesus.

Ephesians 4:2
Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love.


Probably need to write these on my mirror with my fancy dry erase markers. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Treasure, you'll be surprised at how God gives grace when it is needed (and not before :)He'll get you through - maybe with lots of prayer. :) let us know what we can do to help! love you both, mom

Anonymous said...

Is there anything the Halbert's can do? I mean anything. Help you out with dinner help with the lawn? Please let me know.

Shirley said...

I'll be praying for you both ... I just love your transparency. It helps us all to relate, learn, grow, and pray specifically for each other.