Just wanted to give you an update with the officer. Things are going pretty good. He has had quite a bit of pain in his hand. I guess that's not "pretty good". He has a doctor appointment this week for his one week follow-up. They should put a new splint on his arm. It has been very difficult for the officer to not do things himself, like tie his shoes or open his medication bottles. He doesn't like have have others help for things that seem like simple tasks. I understand the feeling, but it's a necessity right now.
I am doing pretty good. I was pretty tired today and took a three hour nap. I didn't even go couponing this past week. Not once. You know it's been a crazy, unusual week if I didn't coupon. :)
I have used my mantra "I'm serving Jesus." a couple of times. Not because the officer has been demanding or difficult, but because I am really trying to keep my slight eye rolls or little huffs of breath to zilch. I want to help the officer. I don't want him to think he's a burden, because he's not. And even if I didn't think he was and let my eyes roll or a let a little huff of breath come out, he would think he was. I don't want him to feel like that so I just say, "I'm serving Jesus." Thanks Becky! :) I won't lie, I've said this to myself while helping the kids out this week too! It's been very helpful.
John 15:12
This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you.
I guess that's about it. I have another post I need to write about a quick camping trip we took right before the officer's surgery, but I can't seem to find the time to get on the computer to write it. It was a lot of fun, even an alarm went off at 5:50 a.m.
So please keep the prayers coming for the officer and I. They are needed and felt.
Life is Wild - Intro
9 months ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment