This past week has been a very good week on the island. I can't even remember Sunday or Monday, but I am sure they were fabulous! :)
Tuesday we woke up early so the officer could take us to breakfast. We went to the Runway Cafe. It's a little cafe at Wylie Post Airfield. It was a lot of fun. As we ate breakfast, we watched airplanes land and take off. The food was pretty good too.
Tuesday night I went to a coupon seminar with my friend, J. J is just starting to coupon and heard about this coupon seminar. I didn't really learn anything new, but it was fun to eat dinner with J and her family and go with her. About 400 people were present at the coupon seminar. Wow. The max I've ever had attend a coupon seminar is seven. :)
On Wednesday, I went to help my mother get things ready for an estate sale she was going to be doing on Friday and Saturday. I'm not really sure if we were that much help, but we did get a little done.
On Thursday, I went to the zoo with my friend, J, and her son and my sister-in-law, C and her two boys. It was a lot of fun too! The weather was perfect. You know right before the bottom dropped out of it. There was a slight breeze and it was in the 70s. The zoo wasn't crowded when we were there.
When we first arrived, we going to go straight to see the elephants, but we got sidetracked by the children's zoo. It a nice little children's area. For some reason my son really wanted to see the sheep. I got a great picture of the goldfish in the pond. And my daughter loved petting the goats. She especially liked the small baby goat.The new elephant exhibit is great. It's so open. They did a great job on it.
My son said, "Mom, I know you are going to say, "Don't look like you are in pain!" but I can't help it because the sun is always shining in my face!" before I even got the camera ready. He knows me well. Here's a couple of pictures of the elephant exhibit.
As we walked through the elephant exhibit, we walked past the "inside" facilities for the elephants. My son was looking down into the rooms and started laughing saying, "Mom you have to take a picture of this!" I thought it was a baby elephant or something, but no.... it was poop. Giant poop. He wanted the officer to see it so he asked me to take a picture of it. All the while, he was giggling about how big the poop was... "as big as my head" he said. Does anyone else's boy think poop is so funny? Anyhow, I was taking a picture of it while both my children were looking at it and another family came up. They were wondering what we were looking at and taking pictures of. I sheepishly told them I was taking picture of poop and the mom just gave me a knowing smile. I will spare you with the picture I took of the poop.
Right at the end of the elephant exhibit they have an open area where you can see the chimpanzees. They were all out. There was even a baby chimp playing around.We ended the zoo with packed lunches and playing on the playground. If you haven't been to the zoo yet this year, I highly recommend it. It is turning into a great zoo, even if the prices have gone up a $1. There are always coupons for the zoo in the guest relations building. I always go in there before I purchase my tickets. Currently the coupon is purchase one adult ticket and get a free child ticket.
On Friday, we helped my mother with her estate sale. My great, great aunt died within the last 6 months and my mother had an estate sale. There were a lot of neat items for sale. I was in charge of taking the money. I actually loved doing this because I was able to people watch. It was very interesting seeing what people would purchase. A small plastic knick knack that I thought nobody would buy was purchased that afternoon. Things I thought would sale, didn't while I was there. My kids had fun hanging out with a couple of uncles they don't get to see or talk to very often. It was a long day, but it was nice to spend time with my mom, my Aunt K, my grandma, and two uncles.
On Saturday, I was very excited because I got great mail? Are you ever excited about getting mail? I am every day! This is what I got in the mail and yes I was so excited about it I took a picture of it! :) I received two $5 off $25 purchase at Homeland. I won them from a coupon blogger. These babies will come in handy! I also received two $5 gift cards for the Macaroni Grill, courtesy of my Coke rewards. I also got a $1 Kandoo flushable wipes. Good thing because I think we are down to about three packages of those. And last but not least, I got some free Loreal eyeshadow and mascara from one of those places where you test their products for free and review it. That's not a bad mail day!Saturday was my daughter's soccer game. Can I just tell you it was COLD! Those poor little girls and boy out there with winter clothes on while kicking a ball around. My daughter had fun. She got in there a couple of time and kicked the ball out of the middle of the melee. She didn't score any goals, for her team or the other team. We did get creamed though. The score was 11-0. I have to say it's a little more fun watching her play when it's not so cold out there.
I could just eat those pink cheeks!
That's it for this week on the island. This next week.. not so hectic. I'm looking forward to it. I hope you have a great week too.
Life is Wild - Intro
9 months ago
1 comments:
Looks like you had an awesome week! I know you made my week so much better! love ya
Post a Comment