THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, March 17, 2011

no automatic responses allowed

It's quiet in my house. I have time to write a post. I just got back from a great breakfast get together with a good friend. Don't you love how a breakfast get together can run into lunchtime? We had a great time catching up and talking.

I have been busy this week. In my efforts to head far, far away from funkville I have been very intentional about getting started on those small projects I have been wanting to complete. I went through my kid's bathroom cabinet and my pantry.

I also went through my kid's closets. I actually enjoy doing this, if I have the time. It was time to clear out clothes that were too small. I sorted the clothes in trash bags and totes on top of their closets and got down what would fit them this year. While I was doing that I told my daughter I wanted to go through her toys and get rid of some of them. She said, "Okay!" So I completed that task too. My poor cousin dropped off and picked up some clothes right after the aftermath of it. Good thing she's family because my house was .... ummm... not clean.

The officer was going to ride dirt bikes with some of his friends on Wednesday. Tuesday night he said, "Some of the guys are going to take their sons dirt bike riding on Wednesday. I want to our son." My first automatic response: "NO!" Fortunately, I didn't say this out loud, but I did shout it in my head. You see my son has never ridden with other boys. He's hardly ever ridden outside of Grandma's field. The one time the officer took him to a track, they left five minutes after unloading and $20 lighter. I was worried about my son hurting himself or some other little boy. I was worried because the officer wouldn't see him from the "big track" he would be riding on. I was worried for my son. It would be something brand new he would be trying and sometimes, he doesn't handle new things well. The officer seems to think it would be okay.

The officer moved his dirt bike over on the trailer and loaded my son's. They got up early on Wednesday, packed lunches and away they went. I will admit I said several prayers that day. For the safety of my son. For the safety of the other boys out there riding with a newbie. For my son's attitude. For the officer's patience. I was anxious. Around 2 p.m., the officer called me. They were having a great time. My son was having a great time. He loved it. The officer loved it. The officer loved having his son riding with him and being able to share that time together.

The officer said my son got on the track but didn't like it. He rode around in the dirt parking lot for a while until his confidence rose and then he went back out on the track. He was good. The officer said he wasn't the fastest, by far. My son laid his bike over a couple of times, but he was able to pick it up and kick start it to get going again. My son would ride around the track, go back to the truck to get a snack and rest and then go back out to ride. The officer would ride on the big track and then come back and check on our son. They both had a blast.

When the officer came home, he was telling me more about it. I told him I had prayed for them several times throughout the day and about how nervous I was. The officer told me he was also very nervous at the beginning. That made me feel better. I wasn't just being this paranoid mom.

Can I just tell you that God has supplied me with such a great mate? I mean really He has. As a mom, I am having a hard time letting go of my kids to let them do more independent things. I know I have to do this. I know I need to do this. I know this will happen whether I want to or not, but it's hard! I want to keep my kids safe and protected. I don't want anything bad to ever happen to them. I don't know how the officer does it. Even though he's nervous about it, he is able to let go easier than I am. I wish I was a little more like him. God knows me so well. He knows I need help in this area and has given me a mate to can be strong in areas where I am weak. Sometimes I forget that. Sometimes I forget that God knows me that well. Sometimes I forget that the officer does know better than me (okay the officer may say I forget that more than just "sometimes" - I'm working on it people!) :)

I love the officer. He is a good man. He is a kind man. He is a generous man. He is a hard worker. He is honest. He is humble. He is respectful. He is loving. He is thoughtful. He is strong. He stands for what he believes in. He is a great husband. He is a great dad. He always wants to be a better husband and dad. But most of all He loves God. Yes indeed God knew what He was doing.

Psalm 28:7
The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song.

Proverbs 3:5
Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.


Proverbs 28:26
He who trusts in himself is a fool, but he who walks in wisdom is kept safe.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

True, treasure, God has blessed you so much with a wonderful mate! He's a good God!

Anonymous said...

God is so good and always knows what we need before we do. You are truly Blessed but so is the officer because you are a great wife and mom. You inspire me to be a better wife and mom!

Julie said...

I was so glad to see your house messy! It was refreshing to know that your home gets just as trashed as mine does at times! Didn't bother me one bit!

I thank God daily for giving me Jamin. I couldn't ask for a better husband, father, and friend.

The Adventures of Treasure's Island said...

well julie you can come over to my house about 90% of the time and be "refreshed". my house is clean for only about 10 minutes of the entire day if i'm lucky! :)