THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 7, 2011

met myself today

One of the local Chick-Fil-A's was offering free chicken biscuits for breakfast this morning. You know I was there! I met up with four other ladies and their children to enjoy the goodness that is Chick-Fil-A. I guess when I say local, I mean it was more local for them. I had to drive about 30 minutes to get to it, but it didn't matter to me. I have been to this particular Chick-Fil-A once before.

As my daughter and I arrived, I immediately saw one of my friends. My son had chosen to stay home with the officer. I know!!! Even the offer of a free Chick-Fil-A chicken biscuit could not entice him away from some one on one dad/son time.
Makes me smile. As I was standing in line, I saw one of the mothers from my homeschool co-op there. I said hello and chatted with her for a minute. As I continued to wait in line, I saw a man who I used to know when we were in a youth group together. I thought this was all crazy. I went to a Chick-Fil-A I hardly ever go to and run into two people I know.

Finally I got to the front of the line. I was giving the young man my order...

"I would like two chicken biscuits, a small fruit cup...." and he interrupts me.

He is holding a small paper sack and says, "TREASURE."

I thought he was already handing me my free chicken biscuits - see they have great customer service there so it's not that far of a reach to think this. But he wasn't. Another lady stepped up and reached for the bag.

Of course, I had to ask her what her name was.

She said, "Treasure."

I said, "That's my name! I've never met another Treasure before. I've met people who say they've meet a Treasure, but I've never met another person named Treasure."

She's smiling and replies, "I haven't either!"

I, kind of in a crazy voice, say, "If I had a camera phone, I would take a picture of us right now!"

She just laughed. Now that I think of it, it could have been a nervous laugh, like this girl is crazy. I'm going to choose to believe that she was right there with me in the unbelief that she had met another Treasure.

Since I didn't have a camera with me, I just drew a picture of us. A few things before you see the picture: I made the Treasure in this picture very happy to meet me. :) No, my son didn't draw the picture. No, my five year old daughter didn't draw the picture either. She really didn't put her arm around me like that. Yes, that's a very close depiction of my eyebrows. Sad, I know. I have no idea why I drew my leg sticking out like that. Maybe I'm striking a "jazz pose" complete with "jazz hands". And last but not least, since I was the one drawing the picture, I put the brown highlights in my hair that I would like to have.

Nice huh? I think you get the idea of the connection we had.

Anywho....

I had a great time at breakfast chatting with the ladies and my daughter had a great time playing with her friends. We chatted until 11:30 a.m. We realized it was time to go when the high school lunch crowd started coming in.

Pretty eventful breakfast.

3 comments:

Tonya said...

That's hilarious! I've never met another Treasure either. I'm sure she wasn't as nice as you. :) Love the picture and your description!

Jamin Miser said...

When I graduated from college, the professors went into a ten minute glowing review of their best student, "Jamin completed a hundred community service projects, and saved 100 orphans" or whatever. Ugh!!! Then they proceed to give this jerk a medal!

This was supposed to be MY big Fay of achievement. That wa the first and only time I had ever seen someone with MY name! I'm glad your experience was better.

Shirley said...

How neat for you!!

Love the drawing!