I know you've heard me mention Pinterest before so I won't go into detail about what it is. It has inspired me to try a few do--it-yourself craft projects. Last night I decided to try a few of the easy recipes.
Last night I made the Nutella Cookies. The recipe only calls for 4 ingredients. Surely, I will not/cannot mess this up.
Recipe for Nutella Cookies.
1/2 c. sugar
1 whole egg
1 c. flour
1 c. Nutella
Combine 1/2 c. sugar with egg. Gradually add the 1 c. of flour. Lastly, add the 1 c. of Nutella. The dough will be crumbly. Form dough into round balls and smash flat with a glass. Bake for 6-8 minutes at 350 degree. Simple. One person suggested not adding the sugar because it was sweet enough without the sugar. I didn't do that, but I can see trying that next time.
Here's my cookies. They are very good! I need to make sure I blend the dough with the Nutella a little better next time, but it did not affect the yummy taste of the cookies. This recipe was easy, cheap, and quick.
Today I decided to try another Pinterest recipe. The blogger From the Aisle to Aloha did not have a name for her recipe so I'm just calling them the Bacon, Green Onion, Cream Cheese, Crescent Rolls Poppers. How's that??? This recipe, amazingly enough only has 4 ingredients too. Apparently, 4 ingredients is the magic number for me! :)
Recipe for Bacon, Green Onion, Cream Cheese, Crescent Rolls Poppers
4-6 strips of bacon, cooked and crumbled (depends on how much bacon you want)
3-4 green onions (chopped)
1 pgk. of cream cheese
8 crescent rolls
Combine the bacon, green onions & cream cheese in a bowl. Roll out your crescent rolls out and cut them in half. Add the cream cheese mixture to the middle of the crescent roll. Pull together all the ends of the crescent roll and twist. Seal the sides together (the mixture will ooze out if you don't). Bake for 10-15 minutes at 350 degrees.
I had trouble with cutting the crescent rolls. My Poppers turned out all different sizes, but they all tasted YUMMY!They are very hot when they come out of the oven, so don't just wait for 1 minute before you pop the whole thing in your mouth or you will burn your tongue. I'm just sayin'.
There are several other Pinterest recipes I want to try, but they have more than 4 ingredients, so I'm probably going to have someone else with me (hint, hint Mrs. Courtney - she'll touch all the raw meat that needs to be touched!) :)
Last thing: I find it interesting that with over 400 posts on this blog only 14 of them have to do with cooking. Only 4 (now 5 if you include this post) posts are recipes I've shared because they actually worked. 1 post had to do with me burning brownies, which unfortunately isn't uncommon. However, there are cooking victories. :) Maybe with the help of Pinterest, you may see a few more easy recipes on this blog.
Life is Wild - Intro
9 months ago
3 comments:
Hey, I like the four ingredient recipe idea. My kind of cooking. mom
Pinterest has turned me into a crazy woman. No kidding. I'm currently sanding down the cabinets in my den to paint them at 9:07 at night.
I blame you.
I kid. I kid.
I haven't tried Pinterest ... yet. I'm kind of afraid to! I may never get off the computer!
Both recipes look delicious! I'm especially liking the Bacon, Green Onion, Cream Cheese, Crescent Rolls Popper. :)
Post a Comment