Wow. Long time, no write.
Putting an end to that now.
Yesterday, I was driving home from soccer practice with my daughter. I was singing her a little song I always sing for her.
"I love you,_________ (insert her name)
Oh, yes I do!
I love you, _________
and I'll be true.
When you're not with me,
I'm BLUUUUUUEEEEE!!!
Oh ______________
I love you!!!"
I stopped and said, "Are you going to save that song and sing it to your daughter when you have a little girl?"
My daughter replied, "I'm not going to name her ____________, because then we will have the same name, so I can't sing her that song!"
"No, you will name your daughter something else and you will just put her name where I say your name, like:
I love you, Molly,
Oh, yes I do!
I love you, Molly
and I'll be true."
My daughter is still just staring at me like she has no idea what I'm singing about so I go on....
"If you name your daughter Lisa, you would sing:
I love you, Lisa
Oh, yes I do!
I love you, Lisa
and I'll be true."
I think she's getting it now so I sing one more verse (maybe just because I want to and not because she doesn't understand). This time I put in a longer name.
"I love you, Condoleeza
Oh, yes I do.
I love you, Condoleeza
and I'll be true."
My daughter starts laughing hysterically.
She said, "CONDOLEEZA! That's a long name. I'll never remember that. I'll have to ask my baby what her name is!!!"
So for now simple names is what she has decided her six kids (it's gone down from 15 kids).
The names she has come up with so far for her children:
French Fry
Blowfish
Sam
Lord Help Them! :)
Life is Wild - Intro
9 months ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment