THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, October 13, 2011

That's what I get

My son is selling Cub Scout popcorn. He has worked very, very hard over the past month. The officer said, "If you reach $1,000, I will get you a Lego set." My son reached his goal and surpassed it. We purchased the Lego set last night. It's a Ninjago Lego construction set with over 1,000 pieces in it.

Last night he opened the box and put together all the mini-figures. I said, "When you wake up in the morning, you can work on the actual set." He was content to play with his new mini-figures and wait until morning. This morning at 5:30 a.m. (that's right 5:30 a.m.) we heard footsteps run into our room and then quickly run out. The officer laughed and said, "He's already up and ready to do his Lego set." I think I just moaned. I laid there for about 10 minutes and then decided to get up to make my Pinterest Sticky Buns. We'll get back to that in a minute.

I wanted to tell my son he could get up and work in the front room. I walked to my daughter's room to close the door so the light wouldn't disturb her. She wasn't in her room. She was in her brother's room. They were excitedly chatting about the Lego set. I opened the door and there they both sat, in the middle of the room with Legos all around them. I asked my son what time he woke up. I figured he probably woke up around 5:15 a.m. and then ran in our room 10 minutes later. No. He said, "I woke up at 4:01 a.m." What? I asked my daughter what time she woke up. My son said, "She woke up at around 5:20 a.m." She was the one that ran into our room. I am not quite sure what kind of day we are going to have since my son woke up at 4:01 a.m., my daughter woke up at 5:20 a.m., and I woke up at 5:30 a.m. :) The officer was up and
in the shower, but he's used to waking up around 5 a.m.

I decided to make the Pinterest Sticky Buns this morning. They were so easy to make - and yummy!

Pinterest Sticky Buns

1 bundt pan
Pam cooking spray

1 can of Grands Biscuits
1/2 cup of syrup
3 T. of melted butter
1/2 t. of cinnamon
1/3 c. of packed brown sugar
1/2 c. of chopped almonds or pecans (optional)

Spray Pam in your bundt pan. Combine the melted butter and the syrup. Set aside.
Combine cinnamon and brown sugar. Pour 1/2 of the syrup/butter mixture into the bottom of the bundt pan. Next, pour half of the brown sugar mixture around the bundt pan. You would also put in half of your nuts in here if you use them.Lay the biscuits around the bundt pan slightly overlapping.

The picture shown has more biscuits in it than what I did. I only used a can of Grands with 8 biscuits. You can do more, but it will take longer to cook. Pour the remaining syrup mixture and brown sugar mixture on top of the biscuits. Top with nuts. Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes. Cool for 1 minute. Flip over onto a plate and

VIOLA!


Okay, my presentation doesn't look the best, but they were yummy. Especially right out the oven and warm. Is this what people accomplish when they wake up at 5:30 a.m.? Hmmm... interesting.

1 comments:

Shirley said...

Congratulations to your son for exceeding his goal! He must be pretty excited about that Lego set .. 4:01??? Hope the day went well!

The sticky buns look delicious! I'll have to them! Yum!