Since my kids don't go to school, they don't get to participate in the typical Valentine's Day party with the box stuffed full of Valentine's from their classmates. So we make our own party! We kept it small and just invited two friends.I made some treats. My mom gave me a cookie press. I make some heart-shaped cookies and brownies. I made some spoons filled with white chocolate and sprinkles and M&Ms. I found some cute pink and white marshmallows at Walmart that I put on lollipop sticks. I made heart-shaped ice the week before to go into our Cherry 7-Up drinks.
Mrs. J. came with her sons C & H (and yes they are sweet).
Mrs. J. planned some fantastic games. The kids had to suck M&Ms out of one cup and transfer them to another. It was quite amusing watching the kids try to do this. We had to cut the straws to make it a little easier.
We also play limbo (also know and limumbo) with some Valentine's Day garland. Everyone got into the game. Some may have received injuries on their forehead from the intense limbo-ing.
Mrs. J. filled heart-shaped balloons with water. We went outside and tried to throw the balloons in various heart-shaped bowls. This didn't work. The balloons would not pop. We ended up having to throw the balloons against house, on the roof, and against a tree to pop them. It was freezing out there! :)
We came back in and did a craft. I got this idea from my friend, Mrs. K. The kids had to paint of their paper to reveal their secret message. First, you color on white paper with white crayons. Then you paint over the white crayon with watercolors to make the "secret message" show up. The kids loved this. Thanks for the great idea, Mrs. K! :)
While we ate lunch, I read some Bible verses about God's love for us and how God tells us to love each other. It was a great party.
Thanks Mrs. J, C & H for spending the day with us.
Life is Wild - Intro
9 months ago
1 comments:
You're a good mama.
Post a Comment