On Tuesday we headed to the state capital for Capital Day for Homeschoolers. This is our first time we've ever attended. I suppose I've always thought this was for families with older children. My sister-in-law, Mrs. C. wanted to go with her son, so tagged along.First of all, registration began at 8:30 a.m. This homeschooling family is just not quite used to being out and about at 8:30 a.m. I mean it's not even Black Friday! :) We arrived at 8:45 a.m. (pretty good if I do say so myself) and picked up our registration packet. There were many other homeschooling families there too. Mrs. C and her son arrived shortly after.
Two things I will tell you about Capital Day. One, Capital Day for Homeschoolers is not the day to go to the capital to get a guided tour to find out what goes on and the history of the capital. It's just too loud. Save that for another time. There were several other things going on at the capital that day too. Second, it was very, very neat to see all the other homeschool families there. Many of the families that came had kids 10 and under. I was surprised to see many moms toting around their babies in their arms or in the stroller while holding onto the hands of two other young children. Like I said, I had just assumed this was for families with older children. It was neat for me and the kids to see so many other families just like us. We are not alone in our journey. We saw at least four to five other homeschool families we knew.
1 comments:
Looks like fun! We went to the state senate building with the boy scouts recently and we also had a great time. We met one of our local congressmen. It was pretty cool!
Post a Comment