the video is of my son doing the jumping splits.
after all groups have completed their techniques and forms, they have to put on their sparring gear. they will spar two times with two different students. it may be someone with a higher or lower belt than themselves. the officer did a great job. he got in a good head shot (which is worth 2 points). my son had to spar with two white belts (the first level), so he is expected to not go crazy on them. the officer and my son are in the red chest guards.
after the sparring, each student must break a board with a kick or a hammer fist. after about eight attempts to break the board with a turning back kick, my son finally does it. the picture of the officer breaking the board is pretty dark and fuzzy, but you can tell he broke the board right in the middle and on the first try.
they do not pass out the new belts until the next class; however, they did pass out stars for students with good grades. that reminds me i have to find some kind for way to make a report card for my son. anyone who knows of a site where i can print off a form for a report card, please leave a comment.
the officer and my son have a had a lot of fun doing this together. we expect our daughter to start when she turns 5. i may even have a go at it myself. don't know if i'll be posting video of me doing it though! :)
3 comments:
Your little booger bear is just precious. I am super impressed with the board breaking. But, I must say I definately want to see a video of you doing the jumping splits when you start up.
Wow...that is incredible! I am super impressed. You did a great job capturing awesome pics. I am excited about the prospect of you and your daughter giving it a try too. :)
Oh...and your blog is looking very good. I like it!
What a great post and now you have all those memories saved to celebrate your family. Those jumping splits hurt!!! I cried when your son finally broke the board. How fantastic!
I love your blog!
Post a Comment