THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

date day with the officer

the officer has been working very hard this past week! not only has he been working his regular job, but he has had to work overtime. april is always a busy month for him. as part of the solo motorcycle division in the police department, he has to work special events. april is filled with the hot rod show, memorial run, and the redbud bicycle race. on top of this he runs his escorts and does all the things with us - including swimming lessons, tae kwon do & gymnastics. this past weekend he worked from 10 a.m. on friday until 12 a.m. on saturday it was 6 a.m. until 12 a.m.

on sunday, the officer said, "well it was going to be a surprise but i can't keep it. we are going to go on a date tuesday. i already called my mom and she's going to watch the kids overnight."

YEAH!!!

we took the kids up to my in-laws this morning. they are so great! they always watch the kids for us when they can. my kids love them and are very close with them. i love it! i was close with my grandma as we grew up. she even lived with us a bit so i love it that my kids know their grandparents. except for the officer's granny, most of his grandparents died when he was young. i think he enjoys them having the same close relationship too.

anyhow, we dropped off the kids and went to eat lunch. we shopped a little bit. shopping with kids is a different experience than shopping without kids. it's just nice to be able to walk around, enjoying the day together. getting to hold your husband's hand, instead of your kids is nice too. don't get me wrong, i love the feel of the little hand grasping onto mine, but it's nice to be able to hold my husband's hand too.

we got dinner from panera and brought it home. now we are just relaxing. it's quiet in this house without the kids. always kind of strange to be in our own house without kids. however, it's couple time we don't get too often and it's lovely to be together.

2 comments:

Mrs. Troop said...

So very nice! Glad you enjoyed it!

Heather said...

Okay, this is the post I originally tried to comment on but couldn't- so now I'm back. I probably should have read it again but I got side-tracked on Audreys page. There is nothing quite like a date night/day. I love my kiddos and ALWAYS miss them when I'm away, but I love the alone time a date affords us too. You have a sweet hubby.