THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, October 6, 2013

The Low/High of My Weekend

This past weekend was busy.  I have had a not-so-great mommy moment, but I've also met a personal goal.  I'll tell you about the not-so-great mommy moment first.

Saturday morning was a busy morning for me.  I babysat my two nephews from 8 a.m. -12:30 p.m. for my sister.  She took my daughter to a kid's cheerleading clinic my niece's school was putting on.  Around 7:30 a.m., I woke my children to get them ready.  My daughter ate waffles and a banana for breakfast.  She's dressed, fed, and ready to go.  My son was going to be home most of the time so I wasn't as concerned about getting him breakfast.  He decided to eat one waffle and half a bagel.  He wasn't very hungry.  No biggie.  I knew he would eat something else if he got hungry.  

The boys are busy playing Hero Factory in my son's room.  At 9 a.m., I remember my son has a tae kwon do test he has to go to.  The test starts at 10:30 a.m. He gets dressed and we leave at 10:10 a.m. When I drop him off, I notice there are a lot of cars in the parking lot so I knew there were a lot of people testing.  The tests usually last around three hours.  


In the meantime, I take the boys back to my house to play more Hero Factory.  I feed them lunch and color with them until my sister picks them up at 12:30 p.m.  She also brings my daughter home.  

My daughter spends the next hour telling me all about the cheerleading clinic.  She had a great time.  She learned a short dance routine and a cheer.  I had not received a phone call from my son asking me to pick him up by 1:30 p.m. I decided if I hadn't heard from him by 2 p.m., I'll just drive up there and wait.  I didn't hear from him, so my daughter and I go up there. They are still in the middle of sparring.  In short, we spent the next hour and a half there while they finished sparring and breaking boards. The test is over by 3:30 p.m.  He's been at the test for five hours.  My son comes out and says, "Mom, I don't feel so good.  My legs are shaky, my back hurts, and my stomach is empty!"

I felt so bad.  I usually feed him a nice, big, filling breakfast on tae won do test days, but I completely forgot about the test and only gave him half the breakfast I would have.  Have you ever forgotten to feed your kids or sent them off somewhere starving because you don't have your head on straight?  Low point.  Luckily, I took him home and fed him a late lunch and he felt much better.

I have a high point of the weekend too though.  Today, I was able to wear my shirt.  Know which shirt I'm talking about?  You can read about it here.  Well, I pulled that shirt out of the closet today.  Ironed it.  Tried it on.  Not bad.  I liked it. I had my son take a picture of me in it.  This is the best picture of about 10 pictures.  I choose one with all of my head in the picture.  :)


I'm still getting up to walk in the mornings.  I'm up to 4 1/2 miles every morning.  Still struggling with not guzzling Cokes.  Sticking to have just one a week, but I've been craving it lately.  Still working on not snacking or eating off my kid's plates.  Everything is still a work in progress.  However,  I have lost just over 30 pounds.  I purchased a pair of jeans yesterday that were two sizes smaller than what I was wearing earlier this year.  I was nervous to even try them on, but I did.  They fit.  Since the jeans fit, I wondered if the shirt would fit too.  This morning I pulled it out of the closet and ironed it.  I tried it on and was happy with how it fit.  Yay! High point.

I still have a long way to go.  I'm only 35% of the way to the first weight goal I set for myself, but I will keep working on it. 

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

SO proud of you! So. so. so proud!
Well not for the mommy moment but for sticking to your weight plan. However, the mommy moments come and go. He'll be okay. Love you, mom