This past weekend, my friend, Jill, and I headed to Dallas, Texas for a weekend of relaxing, shopping,and Michael Buble. We attended the Michael Buble's Crazy Love tour several years ago together and it was so much fun. We decided if he came again, we would go. Earlier this year, I noticed he was going to be in Dallas, Texas for his To Be Loved Tour. I called Jill and asked her if she wanted to go. She was all in. I purchased the tickets in June. She booked our hotel in September. 3 nights, 3 days. Yippee!
On Thursday evening, I picked Jill up and we drove to Dallas. We stayed at the Hyatt House in downtown Dallas. Our hotel room had two beds and even a little kitchen area.
We arrived in Dallas around 8:30 p.m. After a couple of turn-arounds, we found the hotel. I was a little nervous driving into Dallas because the officer is usually the one who drives when we hit the big cities. However, we did alright with me driving and Jill navigating.
On Friday morning, I woke up early and thanks to a very creaky bathroom door, Jill did too. I ate breakfast and walked on the treadmill in the fitness room. Jill tried to walk on another treadmill, but it was constantly beeping, so she just worked out with the weights. We showered and went shopping at Ikea. We were both looking forward to it because neither of us had ever been to the actual store.
Ikea can be very overwhelming. It's huge. Two floors. It's laid out in sections. Bathroom, Flooring, Kitchen, Home Decor and so on. I was so excited to be in there, I texted the officer a picture. I didn't even realize what I had sent him until the replied, "Are those toilet bowl brushes?" I can see why he wouldn't think Ikea was that interesting if all they had were a bunch of toilet bowl brushes. I purchased a squeegee for our soon to be finished shower. :)
They had great products for very reasonable prices. I could have shopped much longer. I purchased two picture frames and two wire picture holders.
Jill and I went back to the hotel room to take a quick nap before Buble. Since our hotel room was just a little over half a mile from the American Airlines Center where the Buble concert was, we walked to it. We had arrived almost an hour early so I had time to stand in a short line to take a picture with Michael Buble poster. I didn't get to do this last time around. We look like good friends don't we?
For some reason I didn't really get a good picture of Jill and I. This was the best picture I have.
The American Airlines Center was huge. We were on the back left side. We were in the first row of the second sections, which was nice because we didn't have to stand up to see. We could stay seated if we wanted to.
There is a stage set up opposite of the regular stage that Michael Buble walks to and sings several songs. It's toward the end of concert.
And now for the life of me I can't remember what song he was singing when this big eyeball was on the screen. Grossed me out so of course I took a picture of it.
To end the concert, Michael Buble gets rid of his microphone and all the instruments. He comes onto the stage and sings the last song a cappella. Of course it's a bit hard to hear him without the mic, but this is one of the favorite things in his concert.
I'll be seeing him next time around too. It's a great concert. Not for children - definitely for adults, but I really enjoy his music and he knows how to be present with the audience and give a good show.
Here are a couple of videos from the concert. Don't mind the high pitched screaming that the lady sitting two chairs down from me does. She did that through every. single. song.
Toward the end of the concert, Buble sang "All You Need is Love" as he walked back to the main stage. Everyone was singing. Heart spotlights were going everywhere. When he reached the stage, red, white, and pink heart confetti burst from the ceiling and floor. It was raining paper hearts for 10 minutes.
On Saturday morning, I woke up to eat breakfast and walk. It was a beautiful morning. Our plan for the day was to go to the Galleria mall to shop. And shop we did. We ate dinner at Pei Wei and went back to the hotel to relax.
On Sunday morning, the same routine. We checked out of our hotel and stopped by the container store. An organizer's heaven. In the end I only purchased a retro cold/hot pack. I could have spent a lot more, but I was on a budget. We arrived home around 5 p.m.
I also realized as I was unpacking that I had been conditioning my hair with body lotion all weekend. I had just grabbed a trial size conditioner when I was packing. When I got home, I looked in my bathroom drawer and saw the conditioner sitting in the drawer. I was confused because I thought I had packed it. I took out the "conditioner" I had been using and noticed the words "body lotion". Oh well, I supposed it still moisturized my hair. This is what happens when you are in your 40s folks. Be prepared.
It was so nice to get away for just a few days. Made me realize the officer and I need to do it soon. Thanks to my mom and my sister for watching the kids for me.
The officer was busy this past weekend running his first 5K. He ran the Orphan Love Mud Run with two other friends. So proud of him. He had a lot of fun even though he ended up wet (the thing he was least looking forward to) and muddy (he did that on purpose by army crawling in a mud hole).
Oh yes, thanks to the officer for funding my girls weekend! :)
0 comments:
Post a Comment