THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, August 3, 2013

The Shirt

I bought a shirt about a month ago.   It was just a bit too snug for my taste when I purchased it, but I decided to buy it anyway.  I really liked it.  It's navy blue with small green polka dots.  Along the collar, it has just a bit of ruffle.  Not too much.  It has 3/4 sleeves and is made of lightweight cotton.  I haven't worn it yet.


I bought it even though I knew I couldn't wear it yet.  It serves as motivation.  I try it on every few weeks.  Not ready to wear it just yet.

I went to the dr. back in April for my lovely annual exam.  I asked the nurse what my weight was the previous year.  She told me, and I added a few pounds to that number.  I knew I had gained some weight from a year ago.  

I was already into my walking routine.  Steadily adding more distance every few weeks.  It was starting to pay off.  Ever so slowly though.  I made two changes in March.  First, I decided to start walking.  Actually I was started in February, but I decided to be more consistent with it.  I knew a good place to start would be when we went to Disney World.  We did a lot of walking there.  That really broke me in.  We came back from Disney World and I just started walking.  Second, I cut down on the Coke.  Not fun.  Headaches, irritability, loss of energy, irritability, snappiness, irritability.  You get the picture. 

Now it's been been five months.  I have slowly tried to make some other changes.  I am trying to make changes in habits and not just do a fad diet or workout.  I am trying to view exercise and eating differently.  It's hard.  I do weigh myself, but I don't live and die by the number on the scale.  Any given two seconds, the scale can have a three pound weight difference.  I just like to see the slow (very slow) progression of the numbers going downward.  So far I have lost 22 pounds.  Not a lot, but it's going down and staying down so far.

I think the most fun part is digging into the back of my closet pulling out clothes to try on and they fit!  Last year I gave away all the pre-baby clothes.  I gave up that pipe dream last year.  Now I kind of wish I hadn't donated everything.  So I bought the shirt.  As I said before, it's motivation.  I want to get in to that shirt this fall.  Even if it is so 2009 or maybe older.  Who knows, I got it at the thrift store.  :)  We'll see how it goes.  I have set other goals for myself too, but they are so far down the line right now.  One step at a time.

0 comments: