THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

It was a ball!

When I asked my daughter what kind of birthday party she wanted to have, she replied, "stuffed animals". I don't know how to do a "stuffed animal" party, so my daughter settled on a soccer theme. Since my daughter has played this past year, this would not be hard to do.

I made cupcakes and topped them with a soccer ball. You can purchase soccer ball toppers but it was cheaper to print them out, cute them and glue them onto toothpicks! We also had some of her favorite snacks for guests to munch on.

For decoration I taped her two soccer jerseys on the wall along with a sign that said, "The 7th (her name) Cup!" I used a soccer goal my daughter had for table decoration. I used her soccer pictures and trophies too.

The officer took an 8x10 picture of my daughter kicking the ball and taped it to cardboard. He used an Exacto knife to cut the picture out to make a silhouette. It was exactly what I wanted.

I purchased a red soccer ball and let all the guest sign their birthday wishes on the ball.

For party favors, I filled clear cellophane bags with soccer erasers, soccer magnets, soccer pencils, and candy.

I had taped a grass tablecloth on the coffee table and used masking tape to make a soccer field. I thought the kids could play soccer on it, but they opted to go outside and play soccer for real! We were so excited the weather was actually nice (at least for December). It's usually too cold to go out side by the time her birthday rolls around. However, we were able to let all the kids go outside. Everyone had fun playing soccer together.

My daughter was very excited about getting her: American Girl wheelchair for her doll, Lilly. Her brother had tried to make her a wheelchair out of Tinkertoys, but it didn't quite hold up together.


The officer got my daughter her birthday roses. One for each year God has blessed us with her.

Happy Birthday Girly!!! We love you!

0 comments: