Last week I was trying to decide what dessert I was going to make from Pinterest. The dessert I chose to make this week was the Reece's Cheesecake Brownies. I only had the cream cheese in my frig, but I really figured I couldn't mess this up. Just looking at the ingredients, you know it's fat free. :)
I mean what could be bad about a recipe that called for this:
I can count on half a hand how many times I've actually used a hand mixer.
I knew this was probably going to be too rich for my blood when I put the cream cheese, a can of sweetened condensed milk, and 12 oz. of Reeces Pieces in the bowl.
I baked the brownie batter and cheesecake portion together. Then, I melted the chocolate chips and whipping cream together and topped the brownie/cheesecake mixture. I cut up the Reeces Peanut Butter Cups and topped the chocolate chip layer. CRAZY!
Now this is what Pip and Ebby's picture looked like:
It looks pretty good right? This is what mine looked like:
Their picture is much nicer looking. I could only eat about 4 bites (big ones though) of this before it was too much for me. It is so sweet and rich. I did it though. I think next week I will try an appetizer recipe. I am hosting a Created for Purity study at my house and I think I'll try out a Pinterest appetizer recipe on my guests.
So, I don't think I would make this again, only because it is just too sweet for me. I was wondering if I could have not used the Reeces Pieces in it. I will be delivering this dessert to a few friends and maybe I can get their feedback about the Reeces Pieces.
And if you are not quite sure if your friends will like your treat, cute packaging never hurts! :)I'll let you know what appetizer I make next week. Here is a printable version of the Reece's Cheesecake Brownies if you are interested.
Life is Wild - Intro
9 months ago
2 comments:
Packaging makes ALL the difference, in my opinion! I love the ribbon! It looks and sounds good, but I bet it would be just as good without the Reeces Pieces. Yum!
Oh and I so wish that i could come to that study! :((((
Post a Comment