THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 2, 2012

Valentine's Day treat holder

Okay obviously I am not one of those bloggers who can come up with fancy, cute, titles for their blog posts. I just tell it like I see it.

This past week I went to Target and shopped their Christmas clearance. Since many stores already have Valentine's Day stuff out, it was on my mind. As I shopped the clearance, I found red and white felt heart ornaments. They came in a set of three and they were 70% off, which made them .30! Score!

I had no idea how I was going to use them, but I purchased nine of each color. I was pinning the other day and saw these cute felt envelopes used to hold treats for
Valentine's Day. I have a lot of embroidery thread and felt left over from making my daughter felt food.

So I made my version of the treat envelope. I stitched the hearts onto the front (or is that actually the back?) of the envelope. I stitched up the sides and sewed on a button. Since I don't have anything to make a button hole, I just used sewed on a piece of string that will wrap around the button. On the back I stitched my children's name.

I don't know why I am starting so early on this. Probably because if I don't do it now, I will forget about it. Now I just have to put these some place where I won't lose them and where I won't forget where I put them. Tricky, Tricky!

0 comments: