We hit the ground running this morning. The past two week we have not had our homeschool group (due to snow and an off week). I remembered we had homeschool group about five minutes before we usually leave for homeschool group.
"Kids, we have five minutes to get dressed and get out the door!!!!"
Since I colored my hair last night, I was able to just pull it up into a quick ponytail and threw on some clothes. :)
We were literally out the door in five minutes. However, when I got outside, it was a little foggy. It felt weird. As I drove onto the side streets, the fog started to get heavier. As I was about to get on the highway, I noticed it was completely at a stand still and backed up. Three lanes of traffic had been whittled down to one and they were going nowhere. I quickly called the officer and asked him for an alternate route. As I kept driving , the fog was getting thicker and thicker. The officer gave me new, easy directions, but I was a little nervous because the fog was so thick I couldn't see further than 40 ft. It's a little disorienting. I felt like a pilot flying around in the clouds. Papa Bill told me I would need my IFR rating to do that, but that it was actually an IMC morning. (Did that sound smart -- because I just copied off Papa Bill's text message he sent me!) :) I had to turn around three times on our way to homeschool group because I missed my turns. However, we arrived at homeschool group on time.
When we were finished with homeschool group, we rushed home to brush the kid's teeth because the kids had a dentist appointment. My kids love going to the dentist, especially my son. My son volunteered to go first. The hygienist, Jennifer, is the sweetest lady. Jennifer asked my son if he thought he was ready to do the x-rays. My son has never been able to do the x-rays because he gags when they put the "marshmallow" in his mouth. When Jennifer put the "marshmallow" in his mouth, he gagged. His eyes got all watery and he spit it out. Jennifer wanted to try it one more time because she almost had it. She wiped away the tears and tried to get ready to do it again. Of course, my son wanted to point out that "the tears are because of when I gagged, not because I'm crying or sad!" Jennifer repositioned the "marshmallow" and they got left-side x-ray with minimal gagging. The right-side was a breeze! You know what helped? Jennifer told my son to lift his leg up when he bit down on the "marshmallow". It worked. I guess because his brain was working on doing two things instead of just concentrating on gagging.
Both my kids did great. They both love the instrument that sucks out water from your mouth. They love wearing the sunglasses, so the bright light doesn't get in their eyes. They love getting the goody bag filled with a toothbrush, toothpaste, floss, pencil, sticker, and ball. Wish I would get a goody bag when I go to the dentist. :)
We are doing school now and then I get to go out to eat with a sweet friend tonight. I hope you have a great rest of the week.
Life is Wild - Intro
9 months ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment