THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

officially a "soccer mom"

I am officially a "soccer mom". my daughter had her first soccer practice tonight. It was a lot of fun watching her. I am not sure if any of you have one of those children who does not walk anywhere. She runs - everywhere. I am always telling her to "walk!"

We thought soccer would be right up her alley. The spring soccer season is upon us, so we signed her up. She knows a little bit about soccer because her two cousins, K and A, have taught her. We purchased her equipment a couple of weeks ago. She picked out her own soccer ball - bright green.

There are only five kids on her team. Only my daughter and another little girl have never played before. Tonight the coach ran through some drills with the team. She loved all the running around. She has some of her daddy's natural athletic ability so I think she will pick the game up pretty quickly.

I just took some pictures like the crazy soccer mom, my daughter has never played and I need to take 20,000 picture at the first practice so I can blog about it later kind of mom I am.


The look in the picture above is the "please don't cheer like a crazy mom and embarrass me look". I'm sure I'll be seeing that look a lot in the future.

The video below is of my daughter kicking the ball down field a bit. She was trying to get into the goal. The reason I love this video is because of the last second of the video. It's just my daughter being my daughter. Perfectly her.



When practice was over, she had a smile plastered on her face. She had a lot of fun. I had a smile plastered on my face too, until I found out that someone, other than me, had locked my keys in my car. Luckily, the coach gave us a ride home to pick up the keys. Thanks coach! It's going to be a fun season.

4 comments:

Julie said...

I love that look on her face in that one photo! Priceless! She is adorable. Have fun with soccer!

Anonymous said...

I love it! grams

Shirley said...

I hope that she really enjoys it! Cheer loud, Mom ... I think that they secretly LOVE it!

Ramblings of an A.D.D. Cinderella said...

Love all your pics and videos and music. You are like Super Blogger!!! And love that you are officially, admittedly, a Soccer Mom! How fun. Can't wait to hear all about her time.
When I was her age, my Mom took me out of soccer because I was one of the only girls and they never played me. I'm sure it was probably because I was not any good! But, she would not stand for that. Equal opportunities!!! Lol!
Love, Shiloh