THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 15, 2014

On My Way to a 5K

I'm doing it folks.  I'm on my way to running a 5k.  Several members of my family (husband, my kids, sisters, cousins, nieces and nephews) are planning on running a 5k this fall.  I thought I found one in Norman, but apparently you have to be a student or faculty at OU to participate.  I am going to find another one around the same time period.  

In the meantime, I have been training for the 5k.  I've come a long way from my first attempt at jogging.  That wasn't pretty for anyone to see.  It was more than a year ago.  Earlier this summer, I decided to throw it out there that I wanted to run a 5k to make myself more accountable.  I started small.  Jogging 1/2 mile laps with walking breaks when I needed them.  I progressed to jogging the whole 1/2 mile laps with no breaks and then up to 1 mile laps with no breaks.  Currently, I can run 3.5 miles with stopping.  My goal this month is to work up to 4 miles with no stopping.  Next month I will work on getting my 1 mile lap time down from it's dreadfully slow pace.  

This morning when I went out to jog, I had a handsome running partner. 
 


He had to jog a lot slower than he's used to, but he stayed with me.  We pounded the pavement listening to our 80s cardio music.  I found running with someone was much more fun that I thought it would be.  I usually like to just put my earbuds in and go.  Today running with the officer, I had someone who made me pick up my pace and didn't mind if I sang "Jesse's Girl" out loud.  Can't ask more than that out a running partner. 

0 comments: