Two weeks ago, I did something I never thought I could do. It's not a big deal, but I started jogging. Well actually, I am not sure if "jogging" is the correct description for what I am doing. It is just one or two steps quicker than my fast walking. I just call it "walgging". Last year I tried jogging. I made it 1/2 mile in all. I believe I would jog the distance of three houses and then walk three or four houses. It was not pretty. As I said before, there was jiggling. There was heavy, not attractive panting and I thought my heart was going to burst from my chest. It was not fun either. I didn't understand why anyone enjoys this activity. I think that was pretty much the extent of my jogging for the year.
Fast forward a year. Sometimes, I just decide to try something. I have worked up to walking 5 1/2 miles a day (except Sundays). I had plateaued on my weight loss. I had lost 40 pounds, but kept messing around with the same five pounds. I wanted to change things up and incorporate something new. I wondered if jogging would still be as difficult as it had been last year.
So I just did it. The first day I jogged almost 1/2 mile without stopping. I couldn't believe it. I wasn't panting. My heart wasn't bursting out of my chest. There was still jiggle. :) However, I couldn't believe I had made it so far on my first attempt.
So I did it again and again with breaks in between laps. This is where I am at now: walk 1/2 mile warm-up, jog 1 mile with no breaks, walk 1/2 mile, jog 1 mile, walk 1/2 mile, jog 1 mile, then walk 1 mile. I keeping my time, but not really trying to beat a certain time. Right now my goal is to make the walks between the jogs shorter and the jogs longer. After I can get that down, I will focus on jogging faster. I am having to get up earlier and earlier though because although it's still beautiful outside for June it's getting warmer and warmer. I am not sure how much I'll enjoy running when it's really hot.
My goal is to run a 5k in the fall. I know some people can do a 5k in their sleep. However back when I started walking, I secretly wanted to run a 5k, but when I tried running and despised, I put that out of my mind. I didn't think there was any way I could do it. But I see a light at the end of the tunnel. I think I can do it. I'm putting it out there on my blog to voice my goal and make it real. So there is it. Another goal for my 40s. Rocking these 40s. :)
Last Friday, my nieces turned 15. I can't believe they are that old already. My mom surprised my niece, Abbie, with a tea party at Inspirations Tea Room. My mom, my sister, Abbie, me and my daughter came along to celebrate. I didn't get a picture on my phone of my niece, but it was a nice luncheon.
And then she put it in the pan. With her hands. Thank you for making the meatloaf mom! It was so good!
That is a $1 bill sticking out of the garage door holder. In the end all four kids were quiet so they were all given .25.
The officer had to work on Father's Day. I thought he may be able to get off of work a couple hours early. The kids and I wen to Sunday School and then came home. We worked like madmen finishing cleaning the house, cleaning up the backyard and decorating for the officer. Right in the middle of cleaning, the officer walks through the door. We were all surprised. We didn't expect the officer for another hour and the officer didn't expect us to be home.
The officer changed clothes and did what he enjoys doing. He washed his police motorcycle and both our cars. :) Tonight he and the kids put together his Father Day's gift. A LEGO Back To The Future set.
The officer has worked tirelessly these past three weeks on our backyard fence. His dad and brother-in-law have both come down to help him but the majority of it was done by the officer. My daughter did get outside and help the officer stir and shovel concrete. And now it's finished. Of course, our daughter is very excited because the next step is a p-u-p-p-y.
I asked my daughter to take a picture on my phone of the fence. When I look though my pictures, this is what I saw.
I had to clarify exactly what kind of picture I needed. Ta-da! Our new fence.
Our daughter has already figured out when adoption day is at PetSmart. The puppy wall has grown. She is ready. We'll have a new K-9 family member in about three weeks.
0 comments:
Post a Comment