It's been a busy week or so. Do you ever look back at the past few weeks and wonder what you did? The weeks have flown by and you've been busy, but you don't know with what? The officer has been hard at work. Period. April was a crazy month for him. He worked every single weekend with hot rod shows, Thunder basketball games, the Memorial Run and other work things. During the month of May, he has been training a new motor officer. During his off time, he tries to spend time with us and do household projects like .... tear out our shower.
Now we are trying to figure out, do we want a shower pan that is fiberglass, or made of onyx, or do we want to just tile it all. Then the question is which tile should we choose. We are going to re-tile the floor so we have to keep that in mind too. We'd like to sell our house in the next couple of years so these are some things we have fix.
One of the other things we may need to change could be a couple of bigger french drains for our backyard. Last Thursday morning, it rained and rained and rained. Our backyard looked like this:
:
This has happened a couple of times before. Most of the time this is due to a clog in the drains. However, on Thursday morning it seemed we had a little more rain in a short period of time than we've ever had before. The right side of our yard was flooding too. You can see the rain coming from under the fence from the neighbor's yard. I went into the front yard to check the drains. They were both clear and gushing water like Niagara Falls. The sidewalks and streets were flooded too. You could only see the very middle of the road, the rest was covered in quick, moving water.
I took a little video of the hail and rain. It reminds me of that Winnie The Pooh song:
"And the rain rain rain came down down down
And the flood rose up up upper."
The rain eventually stopped and water slowly drained away. Not before my daughter got her rain boots on and splashed around in it though. We were waiting for the water to go down on the streets to go to Target. My kids asked if they could play outside in the rainwater for "just 10 minutes before we go to Target." Sure. 10 minutes later, I went outside to call them in. I see my son's face first - half covered in mud. I guess it was just too irresistible. So of course I grab my phone, snap the picture, then hose them down and make them shower. There might have been more dirt in the shower when all was said and done.
On a different note, I have been keeping up with my walking. I have really been enjoying it. I'm up to walking 2.5 miles. It's not a struggle to get up and get out there any more. In fact, this morning I woke up at 6:30 a.m. to go walking. It's not even Black Friday folks! I prefer to get out there when it's cooler, so earlier it is.
Yesterday, I did something new on my walk. I ran. Not far. Not long. No, a rabid dog was not chasing me. I just wanted to see what it was like. All together, I ran about 1/3 of a mile. This is something completely new. I mean I had the picture below as my Facebook profile picture for a while and I meant it. :)
This morning I tried running again and I made it about 1/2 a mile in all. This is not a pretty sight. There's a lot of .... jiggling. :) Just keeping it real. I really don't know why people "like" running. I don't see the appeal. I may or may not run again. I'm not sure it's my cup of tea. I almost prefer to walk double the distance than run half the distance. I've heard you need to do what you enjoy (exercise wise) in order to keep with it. We'll see.
I am enjoying bicycling. Not "cycling" with my feet strapped into the pedals and spandex because nobody wants to see that. "Bicycling" with a big large comfy bicycle seat. I am trying to ride several times a week. My daughter loves going. She's a monster. She can ride and ride and ride and not get tired. I wish I could harness her left over energy. It's been fun - except for this Oklahoma wind that had me pedaling twice as fast, but only slowly crawling along.
I've been also doing good cutting back on the Coke. I've probably had once Coke a week. There was a can of Coke sitting in out frig for week. I told the officer he needed to drink it because it was tempting me. I don't mind drinking a Coke as a treat, but I don't want to drink it just because it's there. I needed it gone. He obliged. He sweet like that. :)
That's it. That's all that's been going on lately.

1 comments:
I am so happy to hear about the changes you are making in your life! I'm with you on the running, although I wish I enjoyed it. Em and I have tried it, and I think I'll keep trying, but I don't enjoy it. (yet) I do the same with coke ... it's a treat and not the only source of liquid I get throughout the day. :) I love the cute, muddy picture of the kids! I look forward to hearing more about everything that's going on!
Post a Comment