I'm a little giddy. I got some new tennis shoes. I have to get new walking shoes about every three months. I went to Famous Footwear to purchase the same pair of pink Saucony tennis shoes.
Fortunately, the sales clerk was very kind and said I could get a similar pair for the same price.
I really enjoy that first day of walking in my new shoes. Everything is "cushy". I like the sound the bottom of shoes make on the sidewalk. I like the way the bottom of the shoe looks. Probably because in three months you won't be able to see the majority of the green on the bottom of the shoes. Yeah, I took a picture of the bottom of my shoes.
Not quite sure what I am going to do in three months when I have to get new shoes again. I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.
Yesterday, I took the kids swimming. I had told them on Wednesday we would go swim with my niece. They started their school at 8:30 a.m. to make sure they got it finished. They did. While they were swimming, I noticed something on one of the lounge chairs. Can you see it on the chairs in the picture below?
Upon closer inspection.... an eyeball sticker.
FREAKY! Even now as I'm typing this post, FREAKY. It reminded me of a necklace my mom got me for a Christmas gag gift. She's a funny woman. Maybe my mom put it there.
This morning the officer stopped by to say goodbye. Can you guess what he's going to do?
That's right. Golfing. Yep, he has his three clubs zip tied to his motorcycle seat. Golf balls in a Ziplock baggie in the saddlebag. He played with his dad, two uncles, a cousin, and brother-in-law. Not sure how he did, but he had a great time.
Tomorrow, my son tests for this third degree black belt in tae kwon do. He's a bit nervous, but looking forward to it. He has a lot of family and friends coming to support him. I'm sure I'll be posting pictures of that tomorrow. :)
So I will leave you with this. This morning, my daughter called me and said, "Mommy, I want to go on your last two laps with you. I want walk Hobbs and ride my bike." No problem. She came out with me and on the first lap she walked Hobbs. She put up Hobbs and grabbed her bicycle. When she rides her bike, she is usually a bit ahead of me. I noticed about halfway through the lap, she was walking her bike. When I got a little closer, I asked her if she was okay. "Yes, mommy!", she replied. "What are you doing? Why are you walking your bike?", I asked.
"I'm walking my bike so I don't run over the rollie pollies." She calls this cul-de-sac "Rollie Pollie Town". I love that girl.


0 comments:
Post a Comment