This week was a long week of fun! On Monday, we spent the day with the officer. I blogged about that here. On Tuesday, my friend, Van, brought me a special surprise. It was her first Pinterest project. I think she did great. Thanks Mrs. Van!
The officer had to work Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday all day. Most nights he didn't not get home until 11:30 p.m. I had a lot of plans for me and the kids. On Tuesday, we went to see Despicable Me. It was a summer $2 movie special at the Warren Theater. The kids love being able to go to the actual movie theater. We arrived early. There were a lot of people there. The Warren was showing Despicable Me 2 for free for all the children who attended Plaza Towers (an elementary school that was affected by the May 20, 2013).
We purchased our tickets. I also treated the kids to a large popcorn and drink. One free refill on the large sizes. The kids were giddy with excitement. They thoroughly enjoyed watching Despicable Me on the "big screen". My son would often turn to me and say, "I never noticed that when we watch it on tv." They gobbled down the popcorn like it was candy. We all felt sick afterward, but you gotta have feeling at least once in your life. :)
I cannot for the life of me remember what else we did after that movie. Probably because I was one day away from being 41.
On Wednesday, the kids and I headed back to the Warren Theater to watch Despicable Me 2. This time we had my nieces, Abbie and Kylie joined us. My friend, Jill, and her two kids were supposed to join us, but her youngest got sick so her oldest son was the only one who could come. This time we did not get the large drink and popcorn. We learned our lesson from the day before. It was a very cute movie.
After the movie, we went swimming at my niece's neighborhood pool. My niece Abbie was trying to teach my daughter a cheer leading lift. She tried, and tried and tried...
and finally she got it.
On the way home I had this short conversation with my son:
Son: When you are younger, getting older is fun! When you are old..... (his voice trails off when I look into the rear view mirror at him)
Me: What's that brother? I can't hear you!
Son: See? Exactly!!! When you get old, you can't hear either! Happy Birthday Mom!
My family has had a lot of fun making fun of me getting older this week. Especially the officer, who likes to spend the next two month emphasizing that I am four years older than him - that is until his birthday in September.
On July 4th, we went to my mom's for dinner. My mom and Papa Bill cooked out. My Grandma Margaret came from Shawnee to eat with us. My mom even tried a new recipe from Pinterest. It was an onion casserole. Five onions, sour cream, Parmesan cheese, and crumbled crackers as a topping. She made a cake and homemade banana ice cream. Yummy!
When my mom gave me my present, it was in a Walmart reusable tote. Inside was a fan you can wear around your neck (to keep me cool while I'm walking), a Academy gift card (so I can get some new walking shoes), and hand held mister fan (she must know that I really don't like to be hot), and a 4 x 6 white index card with the singular word "meatloaf" on it. Every year she makes me a couple of meatloaves. Love them. Since I will never make it myself, due to the raw meat squishiness, she loves me enough to make it for me. We had it for dinner tonight!
We headed over to the local college where the city puts on a fantastic fireworks show. We met up with other family. The weather was just perfect! The fireworks were great, even if they set off car alarms around us. I don't think we got home until 11:45 p.m. Both kids were asleep before I hit the highway.
Overall, it was a great week spent with family. And turning 41 wasn't so bad. Even if I left the crockpot plugged in all day yesterday without anything in and forgot to plug it in today when I had something in it. More of these things to come in the next few years I suspect.



0 comments:
Post a Comment