THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Peanut Butter Lava Cookies

Tonight I made Peanut Butter Lava Cookies for an upcoming playdate. I pinned this recipe on Pinterest about a week ago because it fit my five ingredients or less requirement.  :) It only has three!

You can find the original recipe at the Oh Bite It blog.  I think this could be tweaked many ways to make different variations.  I think next time I'll had a thin layer of Nutella or mini chocolate chips.  You could use chunky peanut butter.  I just used what I had in the pantry.  The upside - this is so very easy and quick.  The downside - it only made 14 three inch cookies.  If you were making this for a get together, you might need to double the recipe. 

I did try to press the fork into the cookies to make the peanut butter design, but two cookies busted open so I didn't do all of them.  You couldn't really see the design once they baked anyway.  Also my cookies did not really turn out like "lava".  They were not ooey-gooey, but they were very good.  If you were going to make this for Thanksgiving or Christmas, you could used the colored sugar for the finishing touch. 



Here's the recipe:


Peanut Butter Lava Cookies 

Ingredients

1 package of pie crust
2 c. of peanut butter
1/2 c. sugar


Directions

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

2.  Unroll the pie crust and spread an even layer of peanut butter on the pie crust.  Add any additional toppings.  


3.  Carefully put the lay the second layer on top.


4.  Use a cup or cookie cutter and cut out your cookies.


5.  Cover each cookie with sugar and place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper. 


6.  Bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes.  

7.  Let cool and then toss them in the sugar again.



0 comments: