This past week has been a good week. Last Wednesday, my friend, Jill, and I went to Heart to Art. I purchased a gift certificate the last time I did it. It had been exactly a year. We signed up to paint the Maybe Monet painting. It is so much fun and very relaxing. It was a very different painting than the one we did last time. Last time, we painted exclusively with brushes, but this time we painting with sponges and brushes. Also last time, the instructor told us exactly what to do. However this time, the instructor told us what to do, but it was much more subjective. Here is the model painting.
These classes are fun because even if you can't paint or if the only time you've ever painted was once in 40 years, you can still do this. The instructor gives you step-by-step instructions.
Okay so maybe my "poppies" look like I just got a papercut and smeared it on my painting.
Our paintings. One of the things I love about taking the class is that you can see everyone's interpretation of the model painting. Everyone's just a bit different, but the same.
On Thursday, we went swimming. We thought we'd give daughter's "waterproof" cast a trial run. She did fine. No problems. It took a couple of hours, maybe more, for it to dry out, but did not irritate her while it did.
Thursday was my mom's birthday. We ate dinner with my mom at my sister, Mistie's house. After dinner, we went to a scrimmage to see my niece, A, cheer in her first game. She did great.
On Saturday, the officer and my daughter had a daddy/daughter date night. They went to with another daddy/daughter to Chuck E. Cheese, Golden Corral and Pink Swirls (or Pink Squirrels as my daughter likes to call it).
My son and I had a mini mom/son date night. We ate Chick Fil A (his choice) and then went to Target to get toilet paper. Glamorous huh? We ended the evening with frappuccinos at Starbucks.
I'll end this post with a little craft my daughter made for me. Made me smile. Thank you Grandma for helping her.
0 comments:
Post a Comment