THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

This Week On The Island

This past week has gone by quickly.  We've been busy.  For a couple of days last week, the kids went to visit their grandparents and their aunt.  They had a great time with them and the officer and I had a couple of date days.  Nice.

On Saturday, my daughter tested for her blue stripe on her green belt.  This is pretty much the way she felt during the whole test.


We got a pretty big smile when she demonstrated her front splits.


She had to demonstrate her forms, spar and break boards. 




It was a long three hour test (most of it is spent waiting on the sidelines), but she did a great job and she earned her blue stripe.



The rain has been wreaking havoc on my walking routine.  I have discovered if I do not get up first thing in the morning to walk, I am tired and a bit grumpy (according to the kids and the officer).  However, the rain did provide a little entertainment.  While on a bike ride, we found a drainage ditch.  They tried to ride as far in as possible.  They got about half way, but just decided to play in the water.  I even tried to ride through it.  I didn't get as far as they did.  We all went home soaking wet.


I made pizza for dinner.  I made pepperoni pizza for the family and a veggie pizza for myself.  I used a creamy alfredo sauce, an Italian cheese blend, a zucchini, a red onion, some garlic and a Roma tomatoe.  It was so good.  This is what I will make for me from now on.  I am not sure that it was any cheaper to make than purchasing it from Papa Murphy's, but it was good.  There is a cauliflower pizza crust recipe I have on Pinterest I want to try.  Maybe soon.


Today, we went to see Charlotte's Web with some friends.  I love the summer movies local theaters show for kids at a discounted price.  My son wasn't as excited to see Charlotte's Web as he was to see Despicable Me 2, but he got over it as soon as we sat down.  Sometimes any movie seen in a theater is more fun than watching it in your living room.  After the movie, we all headed to Sonic for lunch and then we walked around the Bricktown Canal. 


On our way home, we made a slight detour to Pinkitzel.  I let the kids choose a bit of candy.  There were Jelly Bellys, Cherry Sours, Gummi Bears, Gummi Jets, Mints, Lego candy, and Runts flying everywhere. 


I even found this huge Gummi Bear, which gave me goose bumps, that I loved.  I didn't purchase it because 1) I don't like Gummi Bears and B) it was $32!


I even got a little gift for the officer.

The kids enjoyed some of their candy while they did their schoolwork this afternoon. 




0 comments: