THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, May 24, 2013

Zucchini Parmesan Pancakes

I tried a new recipe today.  I got it from a Martha Stewart magazine.  You can find the original recipe here.  It was Zucchini Parmesan Pancakes.


I am not sure I will keep them in my "Tried and True Recipes" book.  I think the flavor has only intensified now that they are a little cold, which I like.  Honestly, when I first looked at the recipe to make a list to purchase the ingredients, I didn't look at the directions.  I purchased all the ingredientsI only read the directions when I started to prepare it.  You have to fry these pancakes.  I had just assumed you baked them.  I am not a fan of frying foods - the whole splattering grease thing.  Plus, I'm trying to eat a little healthier and it took me forever to cook them!

I decided to go ahead and make them because I had already purchased the ingredients.  At first, it didn't go very smoothly.  I think the grease wasn't as hot as it was supposed to be because the first three pancakes I put into the pan just fell apart when I tried to flip them.  It was a hot mess. As far as the way the were supposed to look, the second batch of pancakes I put into the grease turned out much better.   


Here is the recipe:

Zuchhini Parmesan Pancakes

Ingredients

2 lbs. of Zucchini (about 3)
1 lb. of Russet Potatoes, peeled (about 2)
1 medium onion, chopped
3/4 c. Fresh Parsley, chopped
1/4 c. of Grated Parmesan
6 T. Matzo Meal
2 T. Fresh Dill, chopped (I just used Dill Weed)
2 t. Sugar
2 t. Lemon Juice
1 Garlic Clove, minced (I just used 1 t. of Minced Garlic)
2 Large Eggs, slightly beaten
1 t. Coarse Salt
1 t. Ground Pepper
3/4 c. Canola Oil
Sour Cream for serving          

Directions

1.  Grate Zucchini, Potatoes, and Onion onto a clean dish towel.  Squeeze out excess liquid.  Transfer into a large bowl and stir in all other ingredients except Canola Oil.

2.  In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium high heat under oil is hot.  In batches, drop mounds of Zucchini mixture (around 2 T. each) into skillet.  Flatten with a spatula and cook until golden brown on both sides, around 6 minutes total, flipping once.

3.  Place on paper towel to soak up excess oil.  Sprinkle with salt and serve warm with sour cream.  

0 comments: