THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 19, 2013

Parmesan Hash Brown Cups

I tried another recipe from Pinterest.  It was individual Parmesan Hash Brown Cups.  The original recipe can be found at The Yummy Life.

The recipe has a little more pepper in it than I care for and not enough onions (that's almost always the case for me), but I did like it.  They were crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside.  It was easy to make and there wasn't a lot of prep time (especially when you use the shredded hash browns package).  I also liked that I wasn't frying it in a lot of oil.  However, there were cons. It did take an hour to bake and my hash brown cups stuck to the muffin pan despite spraying with cooking spray.  In the end, they were yummy and would be a great pairing with a quiche.



Here's the recipe:


Parmesan Hash Brown Cups

Ingredients

1 bag of Simply Potatoes Shredded Hash Browns or 3 1/2 cups of shredded russet potatoes (I used the Simply Potatoes Shredded Hash Browns)
3 Green Onions, sliced (about 1/3 cup).  Use the white and green parts
1/2 C. Grated Parmesan Cheese
1 t. Kosher Salt
1/2 t. Pepper
2 T. Olive Oil 

Directions

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees and coat 12 muffin tins with cooking spray.
2.  Slice green onions and combine with all other ingredients.
3.  Spoon into 12 muffin tins and slightly pack down mixture
4.  Place on the lower l/3 of oven and bake  for 60-70 minutes.
5.  Remove wait 5 minutes.  Run knife around edges and place the inverted hash brown cup on a plate.

0 comments: