THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Looking for Sole Mates

My friend, Jill, and I trade days to watch each other's kids.  We both homeschool so we send school along with our children to each other's houses.  Then we have a day to ourselves to run errands or do whatever we want.  Yesterday, I took my kids to Jill's house.  My plans for the day:  go back to my house and clean.  There was just too much piled up at my house to ignore.  

My first plan of attack was laundry.  I've mention laundry on this blog before haven't I?  Wasn't it just last week that I showed a picture of my laundry pile that desperately needed attention?  Well there were several piles that desperately needed attention now.  One pile of clean clothes in front of my dresser that needed to be folded and put away and several piles elsewhere that needed to be washed and dried.  

I had purchased my son two new packs of socks.  I am not sure what has happened to all his socks, but he need new ones.  I went to Target and purchased these socks.


One, my son likes them.  Two, they have color on the bottom so they are easy to match. The OCD in me comes out when I see him wearing mismatched socks, but it doesn't seem to bother him so I try very hard to ignore it.  Anyhow, I started my laundry with a light-colored load and threw all 12 pairs of brand new socks in the washer.  As I pull them out of the dryer, I am finishing the putting away of the clean clothes.  I usually just throw all the socks in a pile and wait until I have folded the clothes to match socks.  I get to the sock matching.  This is what happens when I am finished matching socks. 


Three. Left. Over. Socks.  This is the first load I've washed for the day.  All the other clean clothes had been put away, so I only have this one light-colored load of laundry that I am folding at the time.  I cannot find these socks.  I search through all the t-shirts to see if the sock got stuck in sleeve.  I search around the washer to see if they were flung on the sides of the washer when I threw them in. I check the dryer to see if I just didn't get them out.  Can't find them.  Makes me crazy!

I saw a sign on Pinterest I need.  A Lost & Found sign for lost socks.  I think I need it.  Although it wouldn't really solve the problem of lost socks would it?  It would just be a home for those socks looking for their sole mates.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

So like your mom! I even asked Gina for help oncce. I have about 100 or more unmatched socks in a drawer. Can't stand to throw them away. :(