I'm on a roll now. Getting the groove back. Remembering to blog.
Today my daughter came in from playing outside (I encouraged her to play outside since we had upper 70s degree weather this morning, but we are expecting possible winter temperatures tonight). After she had been outside playing for a while, she came in a said, "Brother scared me while I was outside riding Shotgun and I fell off backwards!" I immediately asked her if she was okay. She told me she was fine and then started to walk out of my bedroom. I said, "Good..... wait you were doing what?" "I was riding Shotgun.", she replied. What is Shotgun? She saw my confusion and said, "Shotgun is what we call the yellow swing." I don't even ask anymore.
My daughter played in her first soccer tournament this weekend. It was eight versus eight. Her first game was at 8 a.m. about 30 minutes away. We woke up at 6 a.m. and left around 7 a.m. Although we had no problems getting around that early, let me just say this homeschool family is not used to getting up and leaving the house that early. The kids and I just moved in functional silence. I had everything laid out the night before.
Grandma with the Sunglasses and Aunt Rachel came to watch her play. It was fun to watch her play. She plays defense. Don't ask me any other questions than that because I have no idea what her position is called. I'm learning soccer as we go along. They tied her first game (2 to 2) and lost her second game (7 to 0). They played on Sunday morning at 9:30 a.m., but we didn't play in that game. Her team ended up in second place.
The officer took the day off on Monday. My friend, Jill, watched the kids, so the officer and I got an unexpected day to hang out. It was nice running errands and having a relaxed lunch. After lunch, we went to Crest to purchase some groceries. I brought Big Bertha in with me and the officer. We finished shopping in about 40 minutes. We had about 45 minutes left before we had to pick up the kids from Jill's, so we went to Panera Bread.
I tried a new recipe tonight for dinner, Crockpot Chicken Teriyaki. I liked it, but it wasn't a hit in the household. I will post the recipe in another post. The officer doesn't typically like teriyaki dishes, so I was surprised he asked me to make it. It might have to be one of those dishes I make when he is working late.
The best update this week is about my mom. She had her PET scan last Thursday and went to get the results on Monday. The cancer has disappeared from her lymph nodes and the other cancer has reduced in size and is inactive. She will have another scan in three month. It may take until then for her to get her full energy back, but she is doing great. God has had his hand on her through this whole journey. She has done nothing, but point back to God in everything she has done during this time.
Lamentations 3:22-23
"Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness."
That's about it. Have a great week! Oh by the way, there will be HAPPY HOUR all day long at Sonic on Tax Day (April 15). 1/2 priced Vanilla Cokes!!! :)

1 comments:
So glad you are back to posting more often. I've missed you. :). Glad your mom is doing so well.
Post a Comment