THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, April 5, 2013

Big Rubberbands

There are small moments that catch you by surprise.  This morning my daughter said, "Mom, I think I need those big rubberbands instead of the tiny ones for my hair now."  Just like that.  The officer wouldn't think anything about it.  You probably don't think about it either.  

However, to me it seemed as if my daughter grew up about four years in that sentence.  That one sentence told me she's big enough to do her own her hair.  She doesn't need me to do it or help her with it any more.  It's been like that for a while now.  It tells me her hair is not that fine, soft baby hair anymore.  It is straight, thick, shiny and beautiful.  She does not need the tiny rubberbands that used to wrap tiny pigtails four times anymore.  She is not that little girl.  She needs the thick rubberbands for her hair.  She's growing up.  Yeah, it told me all that in one sentence.  

I am so happy I get to spend this time with my kids.  This time when they are small and growing up.  It seems to pass by so quickly though.  One second I am holding her in my arms in the blue rocker rocking her to sleep and the next second ....
 


Fortunately for me, I am reminded she still needs her momma in small ways.  Like coming to my room last night in the middle of the night.  

And as always she makes me laugh....



Psalms 127:3
"Children are a heritage from the Lord, offspring a reward from him."

0 comments: