THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 7, 2013

Fantastic Cheese Soup

A friend of mine, Mrs. Barbara, gave me a yummy soup recipe.  Just from the ingredients I could tell it would be fantastic.  

I made it the other day and it did not disappoint.  My whole family loved it, even my son.  He's not a big soup lover. I think you could add shredded chicken to this and it would be very good too.


 
Here is the recipe:

Cheese Soup

Ingredients

1 Stick of Butter
5-6 Stalks of Celery (chopped)
5-6 Carrots (chopped)
1 Medium Onion (chopped)
5-6 Chicken Boullion Cubes
3-4 Cubed Potatoes
12 oz. of Velvetta Cheese

Directions

1.  Melt 1 stick of butter in a large pan.  
2.  Saute the chopped celery, carrots, and onions on low heat until soft.
3.  Add the chicken boullion cubes, 2 quarts of water, and the potatoes.
3.  Cook slowly for 1 1/2 hours.
4.  Add 12 oz. of Velvetta Cheese and let melt, but DO NOT BOIL!

Thanks Mrs. Barbara!!!

0 comments: