THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 28, 2013

Crockpot Cheese Tortellini

Last night I tried another Pinterest recipe. 

I've been trying to try something new at least once a week.  So far the new recipes have been hits with everyone in the house.  This week I tried Crockpot Cheese Tortellini.  You can find the original recipe at Little Fellows.

I did alter her recipe opting for chicken instead of sausage.  It was very good.  Next time the officer said he'd like to try the sausage too.  Also I used spinach and just left it whole.  Overall, I was the only one who ate the spinach.  I bet if I don't use as much and cut it up much smaller next time they will eat it and not notice it.

Here's the recipe:

Crockpot Cheese Tortellini

Ingredients:

1 bag of Frozen Tortellini
1 small bag of Fresh Spinach
2 cans of Italian Style Diced Tomatoes (You can use regular diced tomatoes, but add seasonings)
1 box or 4 cups of Chicken Broth
1 block of Cream Cheese
1 lb. of Roll Sausage (I substituted 1 lb. of grilled chicken)

Directions:

1.  Brown the sausage, drain, and put all ingredients in crockpot.  I cut the cream cheese into small blocks before I added it.
2.  Cook on low for 5-6 hrs.

Some people have said the cream cheese doesn't melt very easily.  I just make sure I stirred it occasionally and smashed any chunks I saw.  There were no problems.


1 comments:

Shirley said...

That looks delicious!! I'm definitely going to try that. I love good recipes for the crock pot.