THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Pinterest Sminterest Can Only Do So Much

Well tonight my sweet officer decided to make some cookies.  He likes to bake every so often.  


My nice brother-in-law took a picture of him baking.  The officer was so involve in baking he was caught a little off guard.  To be silly, my brother-in-law posted the photo on Facebook.  Playing along, I liked the photo, commented on the photo, and encouraged others to "share" it.  :)  

A little later, the officer decided to go run to Sonic to get me a Vanilla Coke (I do love that man) and to Braums to get milk.  He had some cookies in the oven.  The timer went off just before he was walking out the door.  He came over to look at the cookies and said, "They need just a minute more.  I'll be back."  (No, he didn't use the "Arnold"voice.)  

I put the cookies back in the oven and went back to the game Draw Something.  I was trying to figure out what the officer's picture was (it was a picture of a man "planking")  and I heard the oven making noise.  No big deal.  It clicks and makes other noises when it's on.  The officer just wanted me to leave it on and not put the next batch in because he thought I'd burn them.  Silly man.  

I figured out the planking picture and was working on my "meter" picture.  I started to smell a burned chocolate chip.  I wondered to myself if a piece of cookie had fallen down to the bottom of the oven.

Even this passing thought did not motivate me to check before I finished my "meter" picture.  As soon as I finished I got up scrape the burned cookie off the bottom of the oven.  I opened the oven and found this....
 

I forgot he wanted to bake the cookies "just a minute" more.  Hockey pucks.  So he's not so silly after all.  Sadly, this is not the first time this kind of thing has occurred.  

Pinterest has been great with finding ideas for birthday parties, new recipes to try, great craft project, and getting a giggle, but it can't help me stop from burning a batch of cookies.  

Luckily the officer came home and finished the last batch.  I told him I would just tell the kids they are double chocolate chip cookies.  What do you think??? 


     

1 comments:

Shirley said...

Getting you a vanilla coke was VERY nice! The cookies ... oh my! Too funny!