Happy Valentine's Day to you!
This Valentine's Day has not gone as expected. Of course the "unexpectedness" did not start today. That started last Friday.
Last Friday, my daughter started running a fever. It continued on into Saturday. The officer suggested I take her to an after hours clinic. Confirmed Influenza B. She fell asleep during the five minutes we waited for the doctor to come in.
Since she had the flu, the doctor prescribed her Tamiflu. I dropped her off at the house with the officer and went to pick up the Tamiflu. My local Walgreens was out of Tamiflu. Since it was a Saturday night some pharmacys were already closed. They sent me to another Walgreens about 20 minutes away.
I went to Walgreens and they said they could fill the compound prescription. They came back and told me about 15 minutes later my insurance did not cover Tamiflu and it would be $141. What? I told the pharmacist I needed to call my husband first. I called the officer and in his shocked state he said, "Well I guess that's why God gave me an escort today!" It covered the majority of the cost of the Tamiflu.
Phillipians 4:19
And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus.
I asked the pharmacist to go ahead and fill the prescription. About 15 minutes later, the pharmacist informed me that they did not have enough of the compound to fill the entire prescription. I would have to return on Sunday to get the rest of the Tamiflu. We had enough to get daughter started so that was good enough.
Turns out the officer was also getting sick. I don't think it was the flu, but he did have a fever and chills. He spend the majority of Saturday evening in bed and took off Sunday to rest too.
The next day was what you'd expect. Nothing but laying around and watching tv. For some reason though, it's still kind of exhausting. I slept in our blue recliner and couch in case daughter needed something. I didn't want to sleep with her in case she breathed on me. :)
Monday we woke up to snow. This was a point of joy and excitement, then sadness. Despite her 102 temperature and hacking cough, she was very sad she couldn't go play in it "for just a little bit!" We compromised. I brought a bowl of snow inside for her. It provided about an hour of fun. Longer than if she had been able to go outside.
We missed church on Sunday. We missed a Valentine's Day party we had planned with another homeschool family on Monday. We had to reschedule. We missed a day at the Capital with a whole bunch of other homeschool families on Tuesday. :( They also missed their homeschool P.E. Valentine's Day party on Wednesday. Just not the week we had anticipated.
There were good things. There was kindness, serving one another, and rest. Oh yeah and I was able to go to Tax FREE sale day on Sunday at Homeland and save a bunch of money! :)
Valentine's Day has not been all downers. The officer and I started on Feb. 1, 2013, 14 days of love. I saw this great idea on Pinterest. Each day one of us would put a heart on their door telling them one reason we loved them. They really looked forward to reading the new heart each morning.
Since we had missed all our Valentine's Day stuff this week, I told the officer I wanted to go out and get the kids a small treat, balloon and card. I ran to Dollar Tree for balloons and then CVS for candy and cards. I was in kind of a rush when I picked out the card, as you can plainly see. I choose two .99 cards. They looked totally generic (not that my kids would care). I grabbed the cards and some candy and paid for them.
After the officer got home, I got out the cards so we could sign them. I signed our daughter's card and passed it off to the officer. I grabbed my son's card. It said "Toad-ally Loved!". Cute right?
I opened it and it said, "That's you, Grandson! Happy Valentine's Day". Great. I got a card for grandsons. I can no longer make fun of my mother for doing the very same thing. Oh well, we made it work. I just told him it was a play on words. He didn't fall for that.
Well it's 10:45 a.m. and that's the highlights of our day so far! The officer has to work all day and will not be home until very late tonight. He left me here with a bag of mini Rolos. Not good people! :)
John 3:16
For God so loved you that he gave his only begotten son that whosoever shall believe in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

1 comments:
Haha! I love the grandson card! Oh well. But you are right about God always providing. So cool the way that works out. Hope everyone is feeling back to normal soon. Happy Valentine's Day to you and your family!
Post a Comment