Tonight for dinner I made White Chicken Enchiladas. I got the recipe from Pinterest. You can find the recipe over at Joyful Momma's Kitchen blog. Now I knew these would not be the officer's first pick for dinner, but he would have picked it over eating taco salad! :)
I forgot to take a picture of it before I dished it out onto the plates to cool. So here's picture of half the pan of enchiladas.As I suspected, the officer thought they were okay. My daughter and I liked them. My son thought they just a smidgen better than the officer did.
I cooked three chickens in my mini-crockpot for about six hours. I shredded the chicken and prepared the recipe as Joyful Momma says to in her blog. The link for her recipe is in the title below:
White Chicken Enchiladas
3. In a sauce pan, melt butter, stir in flour and cook 1 minute. Add broth and whisk until smooth. Heat over medium heat until thick and bubbly.
4. Stir in sour cream and chilies. Do not bring to boil, you don't want curdled sour cream.
5. Pour over enchiladas and top with remaining cheese.
6. Bake 22 min and then under high broil for 3 min to brown the cheese.
Very easy and very tasty. I am adding them to the "Tried and True Recipes" book with a notation that they aren't the officer's favorite. We can make them on nights when I know he won't be home for dinner.
1 comments:
Yum! I have a new cookbook that has a recipe for white chicken enchiladas in it, and I am anxious to try it.
Post a Comment