I tried a new recipe from Pinterest tonight. From reading the recipe and directions, it sounded fairly easy to make. It was Parmesan Baked Potato Halves. The original recipe came from the FavFamilyRecipes.com. Don't they look yummy? You can find the recipe here.
Parmesan Baked Potatoes
Ingredients
6 small potatoes, scrubbed and cut in half
1/4 cup butter
Grated parmesan cheese
Garlic powder (I used minced garlic)
Other seasonings (To personal preference)
Directions
1. Preheat
oven to 400 degrees.
2. Melt butter and pour into a 9x13 inch pan and
spread evenly across the bottom.
3. Generously sprinkle Parmesan cheese
and lightly sprinkle other seasonings all over the butter.
4. Place potato
halves face down on the butter and seasonings.
5. Place in preheated oven
and bake for 40 to 45 minutes.
6. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from
pan.
Serve on a plate with a side of sour cream for dipping.
This is what it looked like before I put it in the oven. They smelled delicious as the Parmesan cheese, butter, and garlic melted into yummy goodness.
I had my sour cream at the ready on a plate. I pulled out the pan and I noticed the Parmesan cheese was pretty brown on the edges. This didn't matter to me because I like things a little on the brown side. The browned Parmesan cheese was not the issue. The fact that the cheese mixture stuck to the bottom of the pan was the issue.
Remember this is what FavFamilyRecipes.com's looked like:
and this was mine....
NAILED IT!
Next time I will put these with the cut side up and top the potatoes with the Parmesan mixture and see how that goes. I am unsure how this could turn out any different if I did it again. Have any ideas? Leave me a comment. :)



0 comments:
Post a Comment