I go through phases. I got through a phase where I want to try new recipes, then I got back to cooking in a rut, and then I get tired of eating the same old things and go back to trying new recipes.
I'm in the trying new recipes phase. I went back to my Pinterest "Food I have to Try" board and choose a recipe for a birthday party we are going to tonight. We are having sandwiches so I thought I would try the Loaded Baked Potato Salad recipe that sounded so yummy to me when I pinned it.
You can get the link to the original recipe from a blog called No Ordinary Moments here. Her picture of the potato salad is much better too. Here's mine:
This potato salad is so yummy, creamy, and delicious. I'm completely sure it's fat-free. NOT! It has mayo, sour cream, cheese, potatoes and bacon so it's certainly not fat-free, but I can guarantee it's awesome.
Here's the recipe:
Ingredients
3 pounds of small, red potatoes, washed and diced1 1/2 C. of sour cream
1/2 C. cup mayonnaise
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1/4 tsp. granulated garlic
1/2 lb. bacon, cooked and chopped
6 green onions, diced
1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
Directions
1. Cut red potatoes into chunks. Boil until potatoes are just shy of being cooked. Drain.
2. While potatoes are cooking, mix sour cream, mayonnaise, spices, green onions, and bacon together.
3. Mix potatoes in with sour cream mixture. Chill in refrigerator for 1 hour.
4. Add shredded cheese to cooled mixture and mix well.
5. Chill until ready to serve. Enjoy!
So good.
0 comments:
Post a Comment