THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Unexpected Surprises

Today has been an interesting day.  I had a coupon class scheduled for tonight.  This past month I went from just having Treasure Hunt for Coupon on Facebook to starting my own coupon blog by the same name.  

It has been a lot of fun starting the blog, but it's also been a learning experience.  About a month ago, I had several other coupon bloggers start to email me and say, "You should get paid for what you are doing on Facebook.  You're doing all the hard work already, you should get paid for it."  I thought it would require more time from me and I honestly just didn't anymore to it.  However, my mind slowly began to change.  

So at the beginning of September, I stumbled my way through starting a coupon blog.  I have enjoyed it immensely.  However, I really have no idea what I'm doing.  A few fellow coupon bloggers have helped and encouraged me along the way.  There's a lot more involved in a good coupon blog than I ever realized.  I'm just slowly figuring things out and moving along.  I'm constantly trying to find a balance between posting the great deals I find and doing all the other things that I need to do.  Some days are better than others.

Today I had to prepare for my coupon class.  I only put on a coupon class probably once every six months.  I wait until five to six people start asking when I'll be putting on the next one and then I try to plan one. I spent most of the morning running errands and then the afternoon cleaning the house.  The officer was great because even though he is sick, he left with the kids this morning at 8:30 a.m. and ran around with them so I could get some things done.  He took them to tae kwon do and brought them home.  He did this in the middle of his fever induced chills.  The kids were great because they cleaned their rooms, help me prepare for my class, and there wasn't even one fit today.  :)

I had a couple of people cancel on Wednesday and Thursday.  Two people cancelled tonight and two others just didn't show up.  That left me with one.  The bright side?  It was a good friend.  The even brighter side?  She brought an awesome artichoke dip with yummy crackers.  The brightest side?  We ended up having a great evening just chatting about coupons (of course), family, and our lives.  Oh and most of my house had a good cleaning.  Nothing like company coming over to get me to clean my house.  :)  Can I get an "Amen!"?

So even though I was a bit discouraged in the beginning, God showed me everything works out.  I ended my day with another encouraging word from one of the coupon bloggers.  God knows just what I need when I need it.  

Psalms 139:4
Even before a word is on my tongue, behold, O LORD, you know it altogether. 

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the way you think and your great attitude! Love, Mom