Oh what a wonderful day. It has been a lot of fun.
My son has told me before that April Fool's Day is his third most favorite holiday. "After Christmas when Jesus was born and Easter when Jesus was raised from the dead, April Fool's is my third most favorite holiday!"
I decided this year we would have a lot of fun with it. I started looking up harmless, fun tricks we could play our children on Pinterest. I am not a practical joker. I like jokes, but I don't often pull practical jokes on people. Unlike my mother. When I was younger, I never thought she had a sense of humor. Which is why it's so funny when she pulls a practical joke on people. Like the time when she make me think she had a jar of frog eyeballs. My brother-in-law was even in on it with her and he ate a big spoon of whatever it was. I was screaming with my hands over my eyes, gagging.
Anywho, I collaborated with the officer last night. Here's what we did - nothing over the top, just some small harmless fun.
1. The officer Saran-wrapped the toilet. I have to say it looked pretty good. I almost used their bathroom before I went to bed.
2. I put lotion on the underside of the doorknob in their bathroom.
3. The officer marked on their faces with washable markers. When the officer started to grab a marker, he went for the Sharpies. I yelled, "NO! We have church in the morning!!!" My son is a hard sleeper so he had more marks on his face than my daughter did.
5. We put Saran wrap under the lid of their toothpaste. When my son tried to put toothpaste on his toothbrush, he could not get it out. He squeezed very, very hard and then only a tiny little bit came through a hole.
We called my mom because the kids wanted to tell her all the jokes that had happened. They were each on a phone excitedly telling talking to her. My son yelled out, "Grandma you need to tell your daughter to behave because she's being naughty today!" It was funny.
Oh. My. Goodness. The officer arrived home about 8:20 p.m. This is past the kid's bedtime, but I let them get up when we heard him drive up. We were all sitting on the couch "acting casual". As soon as he walked in the door, the officer said, "I will give you each a quarter if you don't pull any April Fool's jokes on me. Daddy is tired!!!" My son quickly replied, "Make it $20 and you've got a deal." No dice, but good try.
We did pranks we knew he would probably run into tonight. Here's a list:
1. We re-arranged all our drawers in our dresser. So the officer's underwear/sock drawer was not where it was supposed to be.
2. We hid it shower scrubber.
3. We hid all his gym shorts he likes to change into when he gets home.
4. We hid all the toilet paper in the house. We only left one roll on the roll in the bathroom. It was un-tearable toilet paper.
5. We taped his deodorant and cologne so when he tries to spray them, they won't work.
6. We Saran-wrapped his toothpaste too.
7. We took the batteries out of all the remotes (tv, dvd, and X-box).
He went straight into the room to take a shower. Couldn't find his clothes to change into after shower. Couldn't find his shower scrubber. Couldn't find the toilet paper (we just heard him yelling, "I NEED TOILET PAPER? WHAT'S THIS STUFF IN HERE?" Couldn't get his deodorant to spray out after three attempts. He just went into the linen closet into the stockpile and got another can, so that didn't work as well. However, it was funny watching him try to get it out. He couldn't see the tape we used, so it worked perfectly. The officer ran to the store, but I'm sure before the night is over he will run into the other pranks too.
It's been fantastic. A lot of giggles from me too. Happy All Fools Day.
2 comments:
What a fun day! Love Grandma k
Sounds like a very fun day!!! :)
Post a Comment