I was able to use my birthday present for the first time today. It's a bike rack that will hold up to four bicycles. The officer attached it to his car last night so the kids and I could meet some friends at Lake Hefner.. The officer put one bike inside the car and mounted my bike and my daughter's bike on the rack. It works perfectly. I do not even have to take off the rack to raise the back door. There is only 1/4 of an inch space between the rack and door. It's tight, but completely doable.
I have always wanted to ride bikes with the kids at Lake Hefner. It's just under 10 miles all the way around the lake. We couldn't do it because we had no way to transport all our bicycles, so the officer bought me a bike rack for my birthday.
We met Mrs. Courtney and her kids this morning at Lake Hefner. After the kids played on the playground for a while, we took a bike ride. Except for Mrs. Courtney, who pushed a stroller. All the kids did great. They moved over for the runners and other riders. They pulled over to the side when they got to a curve or couldn't see us.
After bicycling, we went to Freddy's for lunch and ice cream.
I had to get a picture with the Freddy's concrete because.... well you know how I like unusually large (or small) things.
Mrs. Courtney had to head back home after lunch. The kids and I went back to Lake Hefner and rode another four miles. I think we could have make it further, but there were some bottoms that were getting sore. Not mine though because I have a big mamma-jamma gel seat on my bike. This momma don't play!
The bike rack was very easy to use. My daughter helped me load the bikes back on the rack. Easy, cheesy lemon squeezy. Until that is, I realized we loaded son's bike into the back of the car and our bikes on the rack but forgot to shut the back door of the car. It won't go down with the bikes on the rack (remember that 1/4 of an inch space?) So we had to unload the bikes on the rack, shut the door, and reload them. Not too bad. I see much more bicycle riding at Lake Hefner in our future. No spandex though. There will be no spandex.

0 comments:
Post a Comment