THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 2, 2013

"Reading", Cheesecake, and Froggies

This has been a busy week. We went swimming at a friend's house.  So thankful for friends who are so generous to invite us to swim.  Anywho, after a couple of hours of swimming we headed home.  I told the kids they would have to at least read for 20 minutes.  I sat down on the couch.  My daughter grabbed her blanket and book and snuggled up beside me.  She's currently reading a Magic Tree House book.



It is just a few minutes before I hear slow, steady, heavy breathing.  I look down at my daughter to see her sleeping.  I ask her if she's reading and get a sleepy "Mmmhmmm" reply.  She is really trying to stay awake, but to no avail.


At one point she is holding her book upside down.  Then she just lays down on the couch and reads by osmosis.

Finally, we throw away all pretenses.  I think she only made it halfway through one paragraph when all was said and done.

On Monday, we went to a local waterpark, Andy Alligator's, with some friends.  This was our first time.  It had two big slides, a lazy river, and a water play area.  The kids had a blast and I liked it because it was small enough that my kids could run around by themselves.




On Tuesday, the kids and I went to my Grandma Margaret's for lunch with my sister and her family.  Then we all headed to the Jasmine Moran Children's Museum.  We've been there several times before, but it was fun to go with some smaller kids and my grandma.







I bet the picture below is a pretty good depiction of what it would be like if my kids attended a school.  :)


After the museum, we went back to my grandma's house.  All the kids ate ice cream.  I did not.  I waited for my dessert for that evening.  You may not know this, but Tuesday was National Cheesecake Day.  Is that not divine?  Cheesecake is my favorite dessert.  The Cheesecake Factory was having 1/2 priced cheesecake slices.  Several weeks ago, I invited several friends to go with me.  Of course, I didn't care who showed up.  I would have sat there all by myself eating cheesecake.  Four other friends ended up coming.

Just take a look at a portion of the cheesecake menu.  Yum!


My friends, Chantel, Kristen, and Lee came.  Lee brought her neighbor, Gina.  We all just ordered cheesecake.  Someone ordered an extra slice so we could taste it.  As we were waiting for our cheesecake, the girls were like "Let's all share our cheesecake.  We can split it into five pieces and all share."  I laughingly said, "I'm not sharing mine."  These girls laugh, but about 65% of me was serious.  I did share though. 


Clockwise, starting on the left was the Hershey's Chocolate Bar Cheesecake, Tiramisu Cheesecake, Chocolate Mousse Cheesecake, Reeces Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake Cheeesecake (mine), Oreo Dream Extreme Cheesecake (the extra), and Caramel Pecan Turtle Cheesecake.  Whew. 


Here's a picture of mine before I "shared". 


When all was said and done, I tried two bites of the other cheesecakes, and cut half mine off to share.  I took three bites of my cheesecake and was finished.  It was so rich.  I packed it up in a box and would save it for later.


That is until I was at the store, and the officer found it in the refrigerator.  This is all that was left of it.



For clarification (for my sis, Jess), when you are married, what's yours is his unless it's cheesecake!  Then it's off limits unless permission is granted (before the eating of the cheesecake).  Yeah, I'm not really over it yet.

On Wednesday, my sister, Gina came into town.  She spent the day with us.  We met my mom at the Asian market.  We had to purchase the ingredients for kimbobs.  Gina and I were going to make them for lunch on Thursday.

Guess what I saw at the Chinese market?

Frogs.  

Live Frogs. 

Fatty Frogs.  

For Sale.  

To EAT.  $4.99/lb.  Look at them.  Ugggg....


I did not purchase any. 


One of my kid's favorite things to do when we go to the Asian market is to go next store to Cafe Oasis and get drinks with jelly in them.  My son's favorite is Mango with Rainbow jelly and my daughter orders Strawberry with Rainbow jelly.  

Wednesday night, Gina and I went out to eat with my other sister, Mistie.  We went to PF Changs.  Great food.  Good times with sisters.  Can't ask for a better evening.  Even if a waitress dropped her tray of dishes and a soup spoon landed in my lap.  :)

0 comments: