as you all know i color and highlighted my hair around the end of february. i wanted to try something different and i needed to get rid of the creeping grey hairs. i did not like it when i first got it done, and i thought it was just the shock of it being the first time i'd ever done it. i would wait. as time went on i realized i thought i looked like one of those bratz dolls with the freaky big eyes (and without all the make-up and too revealing clothes).

i never got used to the color of the highlights, although i like the actual color of my hair - black or for those family members of mine that read this blog very, very, very, dark, dark, dark brown.
i decided i would color my hair back to basic black (very, very, very, dark, dark, dark brown) myself. i looked at all the hair colors and decided on loreal excellence creme dark ash brown- mainly because i had a $3 off coupon. so yes, instead of paying the $80 or so on my hair color i thought i would throw caution to the wind and hope my $4 box of color did the trick.
i asked the officer if i could have it done at the salon if things went terribly wrong. not just a little too dark or a little too red wrong, but like too blue, or stripped orange highlights wrong. he said yes. my sister was going to color her hair too. this made the officer happy because i was going to have him help me.
i went to my sister's house and as it turned out she had the same brand of hair color. i had thrown caution to the wind again by not doing the skin allergy test. my sister said she had never done one. we colored our hair and with the exception of getting the hair color all over my ears, neck and the tip of my nose, it went pretty well.
i can see that i did not get all the greys in the back but that's okay. you can see where the highlights were, but they look very, very, very, dark, dark, dark brown. i am happy with the outcome. i will using this particular hair color again.
on a side note, i guess most hair colors have a smell to them. the loreal one is not too bad. however, my son does not like the smell. in a totally none offensive way, one of those innocent, completely honest responses, he informed me it kind of smelled like a dead rat. don't they say the sweetest things?
4 comments:
If I can see it right... (haha!) that is the hair dye that I use, too. Does it come with a small tube of conditioner treatment to put on the ends of your hair before coloring it?? I LOVE it! I do not, however appreciate the fact that I HAVE to dye my hair! haha... The gray, or natural highlights as my husband so sweetly calls them, have taken over! I just can't have that...yet!
I use medium, natural brown! ;~)
I get mine from Sally's and they have a little tube for $0.99 called "Gray Magic". You add it to your color & cream mixture to help the color stay on the gray hairs. It works.
My husband has started coloring my hair. He loves it that it saves us $$$$!
Good job on doing it yourself! It takes a lot of courage to DIY!
BTW, since Shirley said her color, mine is Medium Copper Brown. = )
Well, one time Julie B was gonna do mine, but we didn't have time and I am too chicken to do it myself (even though I am a beautician's child) so I still have the stuff and still need color.
I HAVE to go to the salon to do mine, since I'm a blonde. If I do bottle blonde I end up looking like a "street blonde" if you catch my drift!
Maybe I should go back to red like my high school days photos you saw!
FYI I did really like the red, and I didn't think you looked like a Bratz doll. LOL.
Post a Comment