Every morning I get up to go walking. My daughter has decided to join me. She likes to ride her bike or scooter. Her newest obsession is catching baby frogs. Since we've had so much rain lately, we've seen a lot of baby frogs. If you see my daughter hunched down on the ground like this, it's highly likely she's playing with a frog.
She likes to catch them and make a habitat for them. She caught two yesterday, but both of them died before the day was over. She just looks at them for a bit and then releases them now.
This morning she found four baby frogs on our walk/ride. They are awfully cute.
There is a cul-de-sac in our neighborhood that has a lot of rollie pollies on the sidewalks. She calls it "Rollie Pollie Town". She likes to make sure they are out of my way so I don't step on them.
When I am finished with my walk, I like to sit outside on the driveway and cool off. The kids like to ride their bike/scooter or draw on the sidewalk while I relax. Well today when I finished my walk, my chair was on the driveway and a bowl of water was waiting for our dog. My daughter came out of the house and ever so sweetly handed me a glass full of ice water. So thoughtful. I ruined it though. I asked her if she washed her hands with soap and water before she got the ice and water in the cup.
No. She forgot.
I could not bring myself to drink the water. I should have just taken it, but she already knew I wasn't going to drink the water and it upset her.
She was sad. She was very kind though and brought out new, fresh water. So in return, I took her for a very long bike ride and back over by the creek. My son went with us for part of the ride. He rescued a baby turtle on the way home.
0 comments:
Post a Comment