THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, October 18, 2012

A Yorkshire Village Twist

Today, my mom came to visit.  She brought over a cool "book".  It is James Herriot's Yorkshire Village.  You open this book and fold the cover back on itself.  You tie to the covers together.  The inside of a book transforms into a Yorkshire Village you can play with.  



Each side (there are four sides) shows a different part of the Yorkshire Village.  Each of the sides has doors and windows that open.  You can access each side from a doorway or breezeway from another side.  There is a church, a cottage, a storefront, and barn with house.

The kids were very intrigued with this village.  They immediately got their small toys out to set up their village.  Knights and army men for my son and LEGO Friends for my daughter.  They each chose a side.   It amused me how much of a "boy" and "girl" side they made.  I took pictures of their village.  You can tell whose side is whose.




Here's an aerial view.



Grandma loves to spark imagination.  She has a lot of great things to help all her grandkids use their imagination.  That's a mark of a great grandma.  :) 


Grandma also helped my son with his science today.  They made apple cinnamon vanilla perfume.  They also made onion perfume.  Although I love onions the perfume strange. 

3 comments:

Pink backpack said...

Hello,

My name is Rachel and I somehow found myself finding your blog in my quest to find an orphanage to volunteer at. Please let me know if you have any information that might be helpful, I really enjoyed reading your adventure and about the lady who started that orphanage!

Pink backpack said...

Hello,

My name is Rachel and I somehow found myself finding your blog in my quest to find an orphanage to volunteer at. Please let me know if you have any information that might be helpful, I really enjoyed reading your adventure and about the lady who started that orphanage!

Shirley said...

What a neat book!! I think that the apple cinnamon vanilla perfume sounds good, but the onion one ... not so much. I bet it was fun, though!