This past week on the island has been a blur. It has gone by so quickly.
Last week the officer finished up getting our daughter's dirt bike ready. He was itching to take them riding. So Sunday night he loaded up the kids and took them to his parent's house. They spent Monday riding around on the little dirt bike track he made for them. Here is my daughter on her dirt bike. It's just like her brother's. It's a little Honda CRF 50. My son wanted her to put the number 24 on her dirt bike also so we could be the family of 24s. However, she decided on her soccer number, #6. Here she is on her new (to us) dirt bike.They are ready to go.
There were a couple of bumps and one spill, but she's tough. She picked her dirt bike right up and hopped back on it.
My son is starting to get very comfortable on the dirt bike. He has moved all the way to third gear, which I am told means fast. This is the jump he likes to go over. He has gotten his front wheel off the ground going over this little jump.
The officer was able to get a little bit of video of my daughter riding. She's not going fast, which makes mommy happy.
While my kids were at their grandma's last week while the carpet was replaced, they had an Easter egg hunt. With the money they found in their eggs, my son purchased a small Lego set. My daughter decided she wanted to get her Bitty Twin some roller skates just like hers. I told her I would have to order them from the computer and that it would take a week or so for them to arrive. She was fine with it. She was patient at Target while brother shopped for his Lego set. She would occasionally ask me, "How many more days do you think until the roller skates get here mommy?" I told her by next Friday, they should have arrived.
They were on our doorstep today. Oh I forgot to mention that while I was ordering her roller skates for her Bitty Twin, I went ahead and ordered the wheelchair and crutches set and one more set of roller skates for her other Bitty Twin for her birthday to save on shipping. Of course, they arrived in a huge box. When we arrived home from her soccer game (which she did score one goal in but they lost) and dinner, we saw the box on our doorstep. She knew it was her roller skates, but asked why it was in such a big box. I just said, "I don't know!" and ran the box inside.
While she was bringing her soccer gear in, I quickly opened the box and got one roller skate box out for her. Here are a couple of pictures of her opening her roller skates and trying to teach her Bitty Twin to skate.Seriously, are those skates not the cutest??? Her Bitty Twin is wearing a hockey helmet compliments of a Build-A-Bear outfit.
We had our last day of homeschool co-op this past Wednesday. It was a lot of fun for the kids. I enjoyed getting to know a couple of the ladies while I watched the Lego play area. We have one more soccer game to go before it's over. My daughter has loved it! So even though summer time is when most people get even busier because school is not in session that's not the case for us. We do school all year around and some of the things we had going on are ending. Things may start slowing down around here a bit. Nah, probably not. :)
The officer and I watched most of The Passion of the Christ last night on television. It was ..... well, it was a reminder of what Jesus had to endure for me and because of my sin. Powerful. Tomorrow we will celebrate the fact that He is Risen.
John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
Matthew 28:6
He is not here; he has risen, just as he said. Come and see the place where he lay.
Life is Wild - Intro
9 months ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment